Your worst ever city moment?

Anthony Kun said:
Going 2-0 down to Gillingham! My dad told me we would do it - I balled my eyes out!

I rember being at the game,and there was a bloke sat near me with 3 kids aged about 8,4 and 2...I commented that he's got his hands full..told me his mrs was in benidorm and he wasn't missing the game for nothing or no-one..when we eventually won he was crying his eyes out,then his kids started because they seen dad crying...nearly set me off....

The Pink Panther said:
Two moments from the same season
Getting whopped by Liverpool in the FA Cup quarters 4-0 and beaten by Crystal Palace 2-1 when Nixon got sent off
It brought home that we weren't anywhere near as good as I believed (I was young delusional and thought we were good enough to beat Real Madrid)

And being stuffed by Spuds at home 3-2 in the FA Cup quarters.
I had to drive to Essex that night and face the cockney bastards in the office the following day

I'm a pedant but Palace was 3-1 and Spurs 4-2.

It's shocking to me that anyone is quoting this year's cup final.

Losing a cup final is nothing when you are a club expected to win trophies every year.

A couple of pints and a sing song and it was gone, that one.

Luton - no need to explain

Pearce team Fri 06 Apr Man. City 0 - 0 Charlton Athletic - desperately bad

Meant absolutely nothing but Middlesborough away losing 8-1 was pretty bad.

Not just because the whole country was baked in sunshine and is was fucking freezing in the smog.

One of those occasions that became comical and we cheered boro goals, whilst deep down thinking, wtf.

Didsbury Dave said:

Losing a cup final is nothing when you are a club expected to win trophies every year.

I know if this were a Dante's Circle of Worst City moments, for me this wouldn't make it.

sitting in the platt lane, miserable, damp, cold, almost alone and thoroughly pissed off in some god-awful midweek "broccoli trophy" cup match in the '90s or early '00s

That for sheer testing of one's affiliation. In terms of sheer frustration, getting one back against Gillingham at Wembley and getting one back against QPR.... thank feck those extreme lows were only temporary!

Didsbury Dave said:

It was pretty shit though mate. Not sure I can remember being much angrier at a game myself. A team we were far superior than, whilst theirs had injuries and their fans were outnumbered, and yet the players just couldn't be arsed when the FA cup was there for the taking. A fucking disgrace. Get angry thinking about it now

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Crystal Palace away in 1991. City won, Quinny scored a hat-trick but I had the screaming shits and there was no toilet paper in the bogs.

I think you recounted that story in the legendary "Away Ground Toilet Stories" thread, Lancet.

-- Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:52 am --

Lancet Fluke said:
Crystal Palace away in 1991. City won, Quinny scored a hat-trick but I had the screaming shits and there was no toilet paper in the bogs.

I think you recounted that story in the legendary "Away Ground Toilet Stories" thread, Lancet.

-- Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 am --

Lancet Fluke said:

Lancet Fluke said:

Lancet Fluke said:

How many times did he recount it? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.