Zaba - worth an appeal?

I124Q said:
Bit off topic, but did you see RVP elbow Vinny after his tackle, if the ref seen that, it could of been a different result. Fair play to Vinny for not reacting.

Yes, Van Persie's got no class.

And I thought Sagna deliberately stamped on Richards' foot early on, whereas we got two soft bookings.

Did you notice the ref calling over fabregas when there center back did tevez and explain that was his third foul and any more would be a booking when it should have been a straight yellow. Ndj and Barry got yellows for much less

Soon as he got sent off, i said straight away, instant appeal.

we'll now see how the F.A react, cause if sagna get's off, then zabaleta should.

it's a joke, pab zab stood his ground, didn't do anything wrong, just stood up to him, sagna the mop head threw 2 headbutt movements towards him, definete red for them.

glad it didn't happen alot earlier in the game, could of cost us, was not to bad it was at the death, anyway appeal and we'll win it, no problems, he'll be back for sunday.

Lets not beat around the bush here , Sagna was the aggressor and given the recent red cards given for similar offences his red card will stick and Arsenal will not appeal but Zaba's is a joke and everybody knows it.

Appeal against what? For there to be an appeal you would need a reason as to why he was sent off. There is no reason - therefore there is no appeal. You can't appeal against nothing. FFS - why can't you people start thinking like the FA?

Here's what will happen:

City: "We'd like to appeal Zab's sending off"
FA: "Why was he sent off? Referees report says he sent him off for nothing"
City: "We'd like to appeal this"
FA: "Well you can't appeal nothing - you're wasting our time - one extra game ban. Appeal dismissed. Next case"

I've had time to sit and reflect about the red card.

Nope, still astonished it was given. To me, a red card is a serious professional foul with intent to cause real injury to a player or foul him in a very vulnerable position.

what was this then?

It was a very harsh decision but is it realistically appealable? Wouldnt he have to prove complete innocence to have it overturned?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.