Zaba - worth an appeal?

bluejonny94 said:
Defo, he did nothing wrong, Sagna tried to nut Zabs and Zabs stood his ground!
He raised his hands and pushed him away. That's about all he did wrong, but the Fwits at the FA will see that as enough to uphold the refs decision.

cibaman said:
It was a very harsh decision but is it realistically appealable? Wouldnt he have to prove complete innocence to have it overturned?
I'd say that a video of him simply standing up and doing absolutely nothing whatsoever against the laws of the game should be enough to prove his complete innocence, but let's wait and see what bullshit the FA come out with.

It was even more ridiculous than Horlock's 'aggressive walking' one and I'm still fuming about it. If they don't overturn this, we may as well pack up and go home cos there'll be no point in carrying on. Zabaleta literally didn't do a single thing wrong.

What works in his favour is when we went to walk off he went to put an arm around Sagna to walk off together in a truce and show of harmony however that dirty **** pushed Zab away. Same old Arsenal.

I am a gooner. So its possible that I see it differently.

Zabaleta got the red card first. Then Sagna. I think that usually says something, don't you? He obviously says something to Sagna which riles him up and the assistant ref hears it and that's what he tells the ref when he goes over to inquire, who sends off the aggressor first,then 'reactor' later. He sort of even wanted to explain to Sagna why he has to send him off but offered non to Zaba.
Sagna was so annoyed he kept pointing at his temple which usually implies 'brainless guy this Zabaleta'.
Obviously at first glance Sagna is the aggressor and Zaba shouldn't be sent off. But I'm convinced he said something bad to Sagna to get such a reaction. Maybe even racist. Because Sagna is usually a cool headed guy. Bowyer even stamped on him in our game before yours and got no reaction.

Someone says zaba tried to put his hand over sagna's shoulder and sagna would have none of it. Think about it. Would zidane have let materrazzi put his hand around his shoulder after he calls zidane's mom a hoe? In fact that tells me Zaba is smart enough to know he said something so bad that if he does that funny gimmick, sagna would just toss away his hand...making Zaba look the better guy!! Why would you try to put your hand around a guy who has got you sent off? (if you believe it's sagna who got Zaba sent off).

Not trying to annoy anyone here...just giving an alternative hypothesis.

cibaman said:
It was a very harsh decision but is it realistically appealable? Wouldnt he have to prove complete innocence to have it overturned?

I think we could do that.

We should have a quiet word to the FA to get the rapist suspended as well.

Chris in London said:
I didn't think zaba did much to deserve his red card tonight. It looked to me like sagna was the guy who kept going forehead to forehead and all Saba did was stand his ground. Is that a red card offence? Not in my book.

Appeal this one, blues, we don't deserve to lose Zaba for three games for something he didnt do.

Game was a dog. Arsenal played some good football but we were only really stretched three or four times. Not happy with the way we played but you have to admit sometimes the end justifies the means. We have deprived them of two points that would have put them above us in the table with a game in hand. As it is, we're still second and they're still third. We know how much better we can play - not sure how much better they can play though. When you look at the Chelsea and spuds results, it has been a good night for us. Let's make sure zaba is around to take his part in the games which follow.

A neutral tells me that it was handbags, with Sagna the main offender. But can yer see our FA meting out any aspect of natural justice? Can yer see the ref having a look at it and saying he was a bit hasty? Neither can I! They will do everything they can to mangle The Arse's and our squad as a New Year present for Gill and Ferguson.

kippaxwarrior said:
No doubt we will appeal
Bobby hinted at it in his interview, he just stood his ground while Sanga went for him 3 times!!
Zaba didnt do anything wrong
If the FA dont dont take it off then its a fucking joke

This
Ref bottled it. Had to send off Sagna and took easy option of appeasing home fans and sent both off. Zab did nothing wrong at all and was a joke of a decision.

Wenger made me laugh though saying he didnt see it clearly as it was on the other side of the pitch then saying in the same sentance he thought it was a free kick for Sagna (thought he couldnt see it clearly)

red sun said:
I am a gooner. So its possible that I see it differently.

Zabaleta got the red card first. Then Sagna. I think that usually says something, don't you? He obviously says something to Sagna which riles him up and the assistant ref hears it and that's what he tells the ref when he goes over to inquire, who sends off the aggressor first,then 'reactor' later. He sort of even wanted to explain to Sagna why he has to send him off but offered non to Zaba.
Sagna was so annoyed he kept pointing at his temple which usually implies 'brainless guy this Zabaleta'.
Obviously at first glance Sagna is the aggressor and Zaba shouldn't be sent off. But I'm convinced he said something bad to Sagna to get such a reaction. Maybe even racist. Because Sagna is usually a cool headed guy. Bowyer even stamped on him in our game before yours and got no reaction.

Not trying to annoy anyone here...just giving an alternative hypothesis.

There was no time for talk, and it was all recorded.

You don't get sent off for saying something to an opponent, and Sagna was clearly the aggressor in this case. I expect him to serve a 3 match ban and Zabaleta to be playing next week.

SalfordCityBlue said:
I124Q said:
Bit off topic, but did you see RVP elbow Vinny after his tackle, if the ref seen that, it could of been a different result. Fair play to Vinny for not reacting.

Yeah, I saw that. Dirty bastard.

Don't expect anything to come of it though.

They also showed it on sky and said nothing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.