Zabaleta?!

Thread is now about how awesome Zabs is!
iron-zab.jpg

gaudinho's stolen car said:
£6 million? What's the fucking point, the Sheikh has got that down the back of his couch. If we let Zaba go it will be a big mistake, and it will send out a bad message. I can't believe it's even being contemplated.

it isn't being contemplated; Roma can bid all they like (and they probably haven't anyway, just some daft shitter on twitter) but it does not mean City are contemplating it

If Zab was playing for a European team and had a season he did for us for them they'd be quoting 20m bottom line

Zab is now a fully pledged blue who has the blue blood of City running through his veins.

The lad is a legend and will be around for a long time I hope as he will play wherever for the blue cause be it RB, LB or CM.

Would be gutted if he was to be sold.

Even if he does leave one day, it is definitely not now, he will stay and become a City legend.

He doesn't have long left on his contract does he? Any truth to the press' claims that talks "have not gone well" regarding a new one? Or have they made that up? Please sign a new deal Zaba!

Just wondering, has Zab said anything on Twitter about the rumours? He's normally very quick to respond to things. I don't use Twitter, so can somebody Tweet him to tell him that i love him and want him to stay forever? Thanks!

Tricky_Trev said:
He doesn't have long left on his contract does he? Any truth to the press' claims that talks "have not gone well" regarding a new one? Or have they made that up? Please sign a new deal Zaba!

Not sure but I'm sure he's got about 3 years left on his contract

waspish said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Not sure but I'm sure he's got about 3 years left on his contract
He signed a 5-year deal in summer 2008, so unless he has signed an extension over the past few years (i can't remember) then he's now entering the final 2 years of his contract. We could really do with extending that this summer. At the very least, i want Zab, Vinnie and Micah to get new deals over the coming weeks. De Jong too... how long does he have left? We cannot allow any of our players to be tempted to do a Nasri.

Here's the article that the OS have picked up on. Obviously bollocks.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/roma-want-zabaleta-from-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... ester-city</a>

Roma want Zabaleta from Manchester City
Duncan Castles
Jul 14, 2011

Roma have made an initial approach to sign Pablo Zabaleta from Manchester City.

The Serie A club, emboldened by their recent US takeover and with new coach Luis Enrique in place, are understood to have offered a fee close to the £6.5million (Dh38.5m) City spent acquiring the Argentina international three summers ago.

Zabaleta has been a consistent member of Roberto Mancini's starting lineup at City, valued for his athleticism, attitude, and a tactical intelligence that enables him to play in either full back position and all across the midfield.

The 26 year old agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract extension in December 2009, and City are expected to reject Roma's
offer.

Roma's summer transfer activity is being led by Franco Baldini, the England national team's 'general manager'.

Fabio Capello's deputy has told journalists he is doing the work in his spare time, but is preparing to formally return to Italian football once he has negotiated an exit from his England's duties.

Zabaleta has also drawn the interest of Malaga, the Spanish club recently purchased by Qatari royal Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani.

dachoosen1 said:
Does anyone think he will leave in the summer? Hes my fav player but his lost his place to micah. Last year he played alot at left back but now that clichy has signed, plus the fact that Savic can cover right back does anyone else get the feeling he might be moved on? Cant see him wanting to go, he seems to love it here but his play time will be limited further this year unless he is used more in midfield?!

No

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.