Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by rapidCT, 22 Jul 2017.

1. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

I was quoting someone else :)

2. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

All's good.

Simplifying things....

I love Sterling. Fucked that he's red-carded. That could cost us the league. There are better wingers out there in World Football - but we're not far wrong going with Raheem.

If we don't win the title this year - it almost certainly won't be Sterling's fault.

3. Barcon

Barcon

Come on now.

4. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

:-)

I'm going to assume that you're trolling.

Nonetheless - here's why - whatever Sterling's faults (I've outlined them above) - and whether or not a super duper world class winger replacement might do us better - Sterling has been *CLUTCH* - absolutely, positively, fucking, Michael Jordan - *CLUTCH* - scoring goals in closing moments to rescue points.
    ============
    Edit: And no, I'm not trying to have it both ways.

Sterling is a very good winger, but will never be among the very, very best (top 5) at his position . in World football.

But he is an extremely good winger, nonetheless - is a valuable asset to our side - and lately, for whatever reason - scores goals when we most need.
    ============
    As for costing us the league - as Pep says - we need to be far more clinical in front of goal.

Sterling too has missed his share of chances - but at least he scores (lately) when when me most need.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2017
  5. Barcon

Barcon

Why would I be trolling?
    And what the fuck does what you just wrote have to do with you thinking him missing one match against the dippers could cost us the league?

6. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

My apologies then.

I think it might well be a very close race between us and the scum - to the extent that we're not able to field the precise squad in any game that Pep wants - that might cost us.

Add to this - Sterling has come up trumps lately - scoring goals when we most need them.

Could Sterling's absence against Pool hurt us? - absolutely - is our squad more than capable of overcoming his absence? - again absolutely. Still, I'd rather have Sterling available going against Pool rather than not - it's very small things like this that the title may hinge on.

7. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

I dont remember you fighting his corner against the vitriol and name calling that he got on here, yet as soon as anyone dares to criticise a player you have taken a liking to, you defend.

The shit Bravo got was well OTT and you well know that. If you cared to read my posts on Bravo, you will see I both praised and criticised him, but the bulk of my posts were having a go at the numpties who just spouted shit for the sake of it.

8. Goater=Legend

Goater=Legend

Love them both but why does Sane not get the same level of criticism than Sterling?

9. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Every other day, go on then quote them back, there should be 7 from the last fortnight if you are correct - which to save you the bother - your not

10. domalino

domalino

Just so you know, this took only 2 minutes to do, and there's more from the past 2 weeks.