David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor performance by most today, cannot blame anybody individually but poor as a team. On the interview on by Stones looked gutted, I'm sure most of the team feel the same. First 45 minutes we were awful sometimes when we are getting over run in midfield we need to put ball behind their fullbacks and make them go backwards. Now Silva has been class most of this season, and to be fair most of the time with city, we do need runners to pay with with and KDB. THese could be fullbacks let's get two class one to complement our very talented front 5. You will soon see a difference, our team don't want to be overrun or beaten I'm sure their hurting like us.

He was shit 1st half. He knows that.
He played further forward 2nd half & helped Sane predominantly to create enough chances to progress

That first half was the only odd occasion where he was shit but cannot be fully blamed as he did try in the second half to try get us back into the tie.

He was shit 1st half. He knows that.
He played further forward 2nd half & helped Sane predominantly to create enough chances to progress
I'm surprised that from all people you seem to be the most critical. Fair play. :)

Yes, I thought he was just as bad as anybody in the first but the was a major part in that succession of chances in the 2nd and I thought he was one of our very best (alongside Stones and Sane).

Improved hugely after an anonymous first half,the tactical switch with KDB worked well for him and the team.

He's incredible when we have the upper hand but,like KDB,not so clever when we're under the cosh.

He's always been like that, He's a top player but not one who you'll win a CL with. A flat-track fair-weather bully.

I wouldnt be so harsh......but he doesnt have the physicality or personality to take a game by the scruff of the neck,he needs powerful players alongside him to allow him the time and space to dictate otherwise he disappears and becomes a passenger.

However,when the boxes are ticked,he's as good as anyone.

I wouldnt be so harsh......but he doesnt have the physicality or personality to take a game by the scruff of the neck,he needs powerful players alongside him to allow him the time and space to dictate otherwise he disappears and becomes a passenger.

However,when the boxes are ticked,he's as good as anyone.

Sometimes Silva just needs a Yaya beside to take the pass and work space. If he's constantly pressed without an out ball he'll struggle like anyone would. Too many players hid first half or simply couldn't hold onto the ball. I can understand why Fernandinho played instead of Yaya but it didn't work out as Fernandinho had a stinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.