Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fully fit Kompany and we win that game tonight,trouble is will we ever see that again.

A fully fit kompany and we wouldn't be ten points behind Chelsea. He's been missing for that long now I sometimes forget we have him. We won't see him again I don't think, the odd game until he breaks down. Gets to the point were you have to say it's over for him. I can remember what he said last season about not giving up after every injury, he's a fighter but surely he's got to realise his body can't cope. It must kill him watching our defending and not being able to play.

Why was Vinnie not even on the bench? Guardiola keeps telling us he's fit so why the heck is he not playing him? We missed leadership on that pitch, Vinnie, Zaba, Joe Hart!!

Where was Vincent, he travelled with the team so where was he?

Kompanys race is run

You can't play a player who's gonna break down mentally or physically and be subbed off.
Waste of a sub and starting berth.

Shame but I doubt we will ever see him play a meangingful game again

Vinny is never going to take an ambassador role is he ? That's just a made up job to keep cash in the pocket of older ex players from a different era who didn't earn much in there playing days . Vinny will probably want to do his badges and start to learn the game from the other side of the managers desk or treatment table in his case ! Or start to learn the game from a higher management point of view, maybe shadowing Khaldoon in his football role at City . I cannot see Vinny sitting round a table giving a match day experience to corporate clients over a pint .

Last edited:
Why was Vinnie not even on the bench? Guardiola keeps telling us he's fit so why the heck is he not playing him? We missed leadership on that pitch, Vinnie, Zaba, Joe Hart!!

Where was Vincent, he travelled with the team so where was he?

He's not playing because he's finished and has been for some time. It's another situation that encapsulates everything that's wrong with us. A constantly injured player earning a fortune.

Has to get himself and the club out of the
misery and smoothly go into retirement.
Else Pep decides to do it for him very soon.

Wouldn't have made a single ounce of difference last night. Don't delude yourselves.

I appreciate it is all ifs and buts, and Kompany has not shown he is physically able to play top flight football.... However, there is no way Bakayoko would have scored from that free kick if Kompany was in Kolarov's position.

I appreciate it is all ifs and buts, and Kompany has not shown he is physically able to play top flight football.... However, there is no way Bakayoko would have scored from that free kick if Kompany was in Kolarov's position.

correct
And his leadership is missed immensely. Ceremonial captains are not working, we need a real leader.
Sadly though, he's been training and we're told he's fit but he hasn't been in the match day squads for the last two games, suggests Pep is going to do a Hart on him and he'll be eased out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.