Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Credit to BT last night during commentary reminding everyone that Jesus has a World Cup medal in his back pocket. I love the player and hope he stays.

Hate it when refs give a yellow card for pulling a shirt or holding, then don't bat an eyelid when a player comes in on the back of a player and rakes his studs down all the way from high calf to achilles. Been on the receiving end of a few of those and they should be at least a yellow, if not a red. The player has absolutely no defence against that type of challenge and it can lead to serious injury. I appreciate a good slide tackle, but that seems to have been outlawed and is an almost instant yellow!

Shocking,snidey,cowards tackles on Kun & Dave. Both yellows. Neither given. Shocking.......or not!!

I'll drive Navas to Mcr airport right now. For the few decent games he's played, he's played many more in headless chicken mode. Been a poor signing IMO.
Will have to vehemently disagree with you there blue. A great squad player who has always given 100% and last season added an awful lot of balance to the team. Didn't cost and arm and a leg and whilst he maybe entering the twilight of his career, has still a lot to give.

I'll drive Navas to Mcr airport right now. For the few decent games he's played, he's played many more in headless chicken mode. Been a poor signing IMO.

A bit unfair that. Navas isn't the best goalscorer, obviously recognised by managers as he has generally been used in games that the manager believed we needed defensive support for the right back or where that need developed in a match. He did this showing enthusiasm, bags of energy and reasonably well. No doubt this influenced Pep in deciding to try him as right wing back. I also believe that Pellers did him no favours by either telling him to cut in from the wing or at least not stopping him from doing it once he started to play that way. Before we bought him when I saw him play for Spain he was at his best getting the ball in from wide and from behind the defence. Something he has gone back to under Pep and with success. In view of Raheem's poor showing under Pellers you wonder if he really knew how to get the best from having wingers in the team.

From the BBC:

Leroy Sane drilled in Kevin de Bruyne's pass after a quick counter, with Sergio Aguero's far-post volley sealing it.

Great to see accurate reporting from our national broadcaster!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.