Referees/Officials

Looking at those appointments it looks like Clattenberg for the derby. Chance to make up for not sending Bravo off as Maureen told him to last time
Think Rooney will be the ref for this one as he has been for countless other games

Guaranteed start for Rooney. With him as ref Rooney could put half the team in hospital before Rooney receives a mild rebuke. Still Bitter over Bellemy's 2 yellows for sweet fa.

Does anyone know whether or not the conversations between the officials are recorded? If they are, can clubs request to hear the tapes to hear how decisions are arrived at. My guess is they aren't recorded and even if they were clubs wouldn't be allowed to hear them.
Surely it wouldn't be that hard for someone to hack the frequency and listen in during the games?

Does anyone know whether or not the conversations between the officials are recorded? If they are, can clubs request to hear the tapes to hear how decisions are arrived at. My guess is they aren't recorded and even if they were clubs wouldn't be allowed to hear them.

Yes ever since this incident https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/28/mark-clattenburg-accused-racial-slur-chelsea not sure if clubs can ask to listen though

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/nov/22/match-official-conversation-mike-riley

Surely it wouldn't be that hard for someone to hack the frequency and listen in during the games?

Must have some secure line otherwise by now there would be recordings all over the web

I would imagine the radios are bluetooth or some other for of encrypted digital signal. Otherwise people would if been using freq scanners already

I would imagine the radios are bluetooth or some other for of encrypted digital signal. Otherwise people would if been using freq scanners already
As an educated guess I'd say a secure FM system; probably some sort of PCM digitally encrypted set up. The FA/PigMOL won't take any chances of their in match comm's being compromised. I also wouldn't be surprised if the officials are also linked in to the security network to enable the emergency services to be in direct comm's with the ref in case of any issues (bomb scare/fire/medical emergency).

Could you imagine if the club got hold of recording of the match officials discussing something that they'd clearly got wrong that cost us the game, or worse a trophy?

Thursday 27 April
8pm Manchester City v Manchester United (Sky Sports)
Referee: TBC
Assistants: TBC
Fourth official: TBC

Interesting.....

PiGMOL hedging their bets....
They need a referee they can trust to provide them with the "right and proper" result. Probably having a whip round in the office to pay for Twattenberg's one last hurrah before he goes to Saudi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.