The Boxing thread

Wilder's a clever boxer. It's just he's better at knocking you straight out.

He should definitely be going for Parker first. Money talks.

Granted we both agree the division is gone to the dogs. When you can say Tyson Fury was a World Champion in the division it just shows how bad the division has got over the years which is sad to say.
I think Tyson Fury is overrated too but that's a bit harsh... personally I feel Fury is the Peter Crouch of boxing he doesn't look like a boxer in his build but it somehow works for him. He's not what you'd call a tidy fighter either(he looks clumsy to me) in his style but his best asset is he's awkward and unpredictable, along with his handspeed for such a unit of a man, he's quite unique really normally someone that tall and heavy would be slow and less mobile. I still think the Wlad fight was his peak though, it's not like he sustained that level for long and he doesn't live the clean life so I doubt he will get back there again which is a shame as he could have been in some interesting matchups... as it is his fans will be left saying "the old Fury would have done this or that" after a disappointing return for the money.

Miller looked ok but I'm not sure he's at the level to challenge for a title yet. Jacobs looked really good though, perhaps tried too hard for the knockout at times and should have just settled for the the points win earlier, put on more of a clinic but I suppose it's to be admired that he wants to please the fans so hard.

Wilder's a clever boxer. It's just he's better at knocking you straight out.

He should definitely be going for Parker first. Money talks.

He's far from 'a clever boxer', in fact his guard tells you all you need to know about his intellect... he's actually never made over $5m dollars for a fight, the WBC heavyweight champion of the world no less.. there's a reason he should fight Joshua first, and why he's avoiding people like Whyte, anything other and his skills are exposed, thus marketing for the 'big pay' takes a hit... take a look at his record and the gulf in class before you proclaim him the knock out king!!

I think Tyson Fury is overrated too but that's a bit harsh... personally I feel Fury is the Peter Crouch of boxing he doesn't look like a boxer in his build but it somehow works for him. He's not what you'd call a tidy fighter either(he looks clumsy to me) in his style but his best asset is he's awkward and unpredictable, along with his handspeed for such a unit of a man, he's quite unique really normally someone that tall and heavy would be slow and less mobile. I still think the Wlad fight was his peak though, it's not like he sustained that level for long and he doesn't live the clean life so I doubt he will get back there again which is a shame as he could have been in some interesting matchups... as it is his fans will be left saying "the old Fury would have done this or that" after a disappointing return for the money.

I think every fan will say that about there fighter they followed after a long time out of the ring. I just think you look at him as you said tall and awkward but then you look at AJ and say wow hes tall and skillful and has a lot going for him. Fury will always try to be the bully but the thing is it gets harder to bully the bigger guys. I know that they will be trying to get a pay day out of him fighting again but for Fury I just hope it ends in a good way. I dont know if he still has the heart and desire to go on and win that world title again.

He's far from 'a clever boxer', in fact his guard tells you all you need to know about his intellect... he's actually never made over $5m dollars for a fight, the WBC heavyweight champion of the world no less.. there's a reason he should fight Joshua first, and why he's avoiding people like Whyte, anything other and his skills are exposed, thus marketing for the 'big pay' takes a hit... take a look at his record and the gulf in class before you proclaim him the knock out king!!

Why the fuck would Dillian Whyte be avoided by Wilder? Bang average and only has any name of any relevance because of the AJ fight and he managed to land a good shot to wobble him. I have never been impressed with him, he went life and death with a washed up Chisora and that Helenius fight a couple of weeks back was just dire, utter dross to watch. I find it impossible to believe that Wilder is avoiding Dillian Whyte I'm sorry. Not having it. He could fight the top 10 ranked heavies in the world and his record wouldn't look much more impressive than it does at present because the division is terd. Only a handful of useful fighters at the weight.

Why the fuck would Dillian Whyte be avoided by Wilder? Bang average and only has any name of any relevance because of the AJ fight and he managed to land a good shot to wobble him. I have never been impressed with him, he went life and death with a washed up Chisora and that Helenius fight a couple of weeks back was just dire, utter dross to watch. I find it impossible to believe that Wilder is avoiding Dillian Whyte I'm sorry. Not having it. He could fight the top 10 ranked heavies in the world and his record wouldn't look much more impressive than it does at present because the division is terd. Only a handful of useful fighters at the weight.

I don't give a fuck if you're having it or not, Hearn and Whyte on record as offering Wilder his biggest ever payday ($7m), which was turned down flat.. wilder is being protected, as the WBC loves to do, with journeymen in the rankings, all gearing up for the Joshua bout... the point that was lost on you is that Whyte is most certainly a step up on the bums Wilder has been sparking out, too high risk when he is negotiating +$25m purses for Joshua....boxing is dictated to by purses, always has been, always will be, it's seems that has been lost on you....

A little perspective, he made $1.5m for his last fight....

I don't give a fuck if you're having it or not, Hearn and Whyte on record as offering Wilder his biggest ever payday ($7m), which was turned down flat.. wilder is being protected, as the WBC loves to do, with journeymen in the rankings, all gearing up for the Joshua bout... the point that was lost on you is that Whyte is most certainly a step up on the bums Wilder has been sparking out, too high risk when he is negotiating +$25m purses for Joshua....boxing is dictated to by purses, always has been, always will be, it's seems that has been lost on you....

I can see where Wilder is coming from. What he has said in the past about Whyte and the whole situation is true he wants AJ. I think he would of boxed Whyte if AJ was part of the deal which he has stated to Hearn in the past. He would only fight Whyte if AJ was next after him. Being honest the fight should be getting made. I am happy the WBC aint standing in the way for this fight to happen. So the belts will both be on the line if they can sort this out. You never know they might even get the ring title out as well for the AJ v Wilder fight. I just think there will be more and more big fights being made now more so than in the past. Promotors are working together and getting the big fights on.

None of that is 'lost on me' pal. I don't doubt that there is a degree of protection going on with Wilder until they can get the AJ fight, I'm completely aware that has gone on for years in many different forms across boxing's history. However what is lost on me is how and why Dillian Whyte is a step up from the 'bums' that have padded Wilder's record so far, and why Dillian Whyte is being held up as the symbol of how Wilder is being protected. I say it again, other than a lucky big left swing against AJ, Dillian Whyte is bang average and has a string of uninspiring performances against mediocre opposition on his record, especially recently. So why is he the big 'low reward high risk' fight? He's not even that big a puncher at the weight, otherwise as an example he should have been able to wipe out Helenius whenever he wanted to given that bloke was a sitting duck for the whole fight bar the first couple of rounds. Tell me where Dillian Whyte has shown himself to be a step up when he himself hasn't made any kind of decent step up since he fought Joshua when they were both at British level. It hasn't happened.

None of that is 'lost on me' pal. I don't doubt that there is a degree of protection going on with Wilder until they can get the AJ fight, I'm completely aware that has gone on for years in many different forms across boxing's history. However what is lost on me is how and why Dillian Whyte is a step up from the 'bums' that have padded Wilder's record so far, and why Dillian Whyte is being held up as the symbol of how Wilder is being protected. I say it again, other than a lucky big left swing against AJ, Dillian Whyte is bang average and has a string of uninspiring performances against mediocre opposition on his record, especially recently. So why is he the big 'low reward high risk' fight? He's not even that big a puncher at the weight, otherwise as an example he should have been able to wipe out Helenius whenever he wanted to given that bloke was a sitting duck for the whole fight bar the first couple of rounds. Tell me where Dillian Whyte has shown himself to be a step up when he himself hasn't made any kind of decent step up since he fought Joshua when they were both at British level. It hasn't happened.

Tell me in what regard Whyte has been put on a pedestal.... I'm glad you can acknowledge the monetary value now, however you still aren't grasping who controls those paydays. We could be talking about joe bugner, Gary mason, Michael bent or even joe bloggs, Hearn and matchroom control the market in the division, it is them who have rejuvenated the heavyweight division, regardless of quality, and it is them who can inject the cash flow.... Hearn took a sly dig at Wilder at the weekend by posting videos of him in and around New York, basically reinforcing that a majority of the American public don't have a scooby who Wilder is, swap that with AJ over here and not even the most ardent of boxing fans have bought in to the guy...

Don't concentrate on Whyte but on how Hearn could market the fight, ffs they did a million ppv for AJ's last fight alone...

Trust me, I know Whytes shortcomings, however he's contributing to the pantomime that is matchroom, next up that all time classic 'bellew v Haye 2' (rumours it's off)..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.