Julian Weigl

I think delph is perfect to step in for ferny, he's got a good engine great tackler,Good at going forward and can score goals only downside are injuries but so far this season they seem to have kept away from those
Nope - Delph has been exceptional at left back but is nowhere near good enough to be the focal point of our midfield. His main fault is when under pressure he makes the wrong pass usually holding onto the ball too long. Fernandinho and players at his level can take the ball in tight spaces and more importantly release it at the right time which gives players like KDB and Silva a few seconds more to do their stuff.

Nope - Delph has been exceptional at left back but is nowhere near good enough to be the focal point of our midfield. His main fault is when under pressure he makes the wrong pass usually holding onto the ball too long. Fernandinho and players at his level can take the ball in tight spaces and more importantly release it at the right time which gives players like KDB and Silva a few seconds more to do their stuff.

I mostly agree with this. Delph's role in LB is basically the same as Fernandinho's albeit without a swarm of rushing attackers and the front of the goal to protect.

Weigl looks a pretty good player. He would be 1 of the contenders to be Fernandhinos long term replacement. I dont think it will be him next year. It will be interesting to see what way Pep goes with our midfield in the next 2 years. We got a lot of technical players scattered about in it. And I just cant see that going anytime soon. But I wonder if he will go get a destroyer in the the squad at least.

Disagree, Delph is superb on the ball especially under pressure

Personally I think Pep will pull some bizarre relatively unknown player out of his arse to replace Fern.
Most of us will be thinking... Really? And it'll be another stroke of genius.

It is good that people are starting to realize Fernandinho is almost irreplaceable to this team, and the way we play under Pep.

What is funny is that the MUEN had a Premier League Strating XI and Fernandinho wasn’t even a CHOICE for midfielders!! I can’t think of a SINGLE CM I would take before him for my team. Not Kante, not Matic, not Pogba, not Henderson, not Can, not Xhaka, not Ramsey, not anyone! When fit, he is one of the 5 names that are inked onto the team sheet: Ederson, Stones, Fernandinho, Silva, KDB. Now, I suspect the starting XI picks itself pretty easily, but that is the spine of this team that makes it tick and it’s is pretty fucking awesome! Throw in Ota, the two new FBs, and SAS or SJS upfront and you have a ridiculous team that is breaking records right, left and center!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.