United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of Man Yoo, in fact other than Spurs, I hate them the most but if there was one redeeming feature they had it was their tradition for flair and an attacking style of play. Devoid that under Mourinho, what's the point of them?

Unfortunately you're allowing yourself to be sucked in to the myth and hyperbole of utd previously being side full of flair and attacking intent, a myth generated and espoused by the rag loving sycophants that are the UK media.

Even during their most successful periods under the GPC utd were primarily about defending in numbers, constant pressing of the opposition not allowing them to play and then attacking on the break... it required a high level of discipline and work rate as well as ruthless efficiency at taking their chances (which is something they've always seemed to possess) but they were never a real flair or cavalier, all out attack, caution to the wind, type of side

Your dogs are laughing at the rags you’ve trained them well that’s impressive

Just made me think ... the rags are being trained to sit, stay, guard and then when there is a need to chase the game, it’s like throwing a ball for that same trained dog who just lifts his head as if to say, “what the fuck, what do I do with that’

Despite spending £150m on defenders since fergie left their first choice back 4 includes young, smalling, jones and valencia.

Of course the media will never mention this but love saying we got £100m worth of CBs on the bench.

Despite spending £150m on defenders since fergie left their first choice back 4 includes young, smalling, jones and valencia.

Of course the media will never mention this but love saying we got £100m worth of CBs on the bench.
Weren't Young and Valencia wingers when they were bought? Proof that the team is going backwards!

Also how the fuck are Young, Phil The Face, Rashford and Nick Nack Paddy Whack Lingard in the England squad?

Weren't Young and Valencia wingers when they were bought? Proof that the team is going backwards!

Also how the fuck are Young, Phil The Face, Rashford and Nick Nack Paddy Whack Lingard in the England squad?

Yes they were! True regression.

I really don’t know, they were red which plays a big role.

‘A team that’s losing in a final should throw the kitchen sink at their opponents’ said one of the raggy miseries on that video.
Got me thinking- if I were at Juventus I’d be on the phone to mr woowa to tell him they’ve got a kitchen sink they can have for £100 million.

They had a very big following long before the pisscan and the Premier League came along.

Over the years, I’ve come across many, who have said, I started supporting them because of Munich, or my mum/dad started supporting them because of Munich.

I was 8 when Munich happened and up till then I had never met a Rag in school ,neighbours ,family or any in the area of Wythenshawe I was growing up in. Munich did change everything for them.

They had a very big following long before the pisscan and the Premier League came along.

Over the years, I’ve come across many, who have said, I started supporting them because of Munich, or my mum/dad started supporting them because of Munich.
Quite agree. I remember watching an interview before the 2008 CL final where 5 rags were involved; one from Scotland, one from the West Country and 3 from Malta!
The spokesman for the Maltese group said that he was the secretary of the Malta branch, and they had just celebrated their 50th anniversary. I wonder what had happened 50 years prior to start up the SC?
In the 60s/70s, when I went to every game it was amazing that when you talked to someone at, say, West Ham, they would say that they were in fact, "Maynchester Unoited suppowters". My next question was obvious "how long have you supported them?" with the reply invariably being "since Munich".
Since then, ALL forms of media have been solidly behind them ,as you could tell, apparently (as I didn't watch it) by the BBC's coverage of yesterday's final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.