Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also add in Gundogan. He, by no means, looks absolutely excellent. Stones has gone to pieces too after a brilliant start. The jury is still out on Laporte and Bernardo. I don't know how he termed every Pep signing to be excellent.
Jesus, you are a harsh critic. Stones "has gone to pieces"? He didn't get many starts to regain his form, and Laporte only arrived in January! I agree with Gundhogan but as for B Silva, he hasn't necessarily set the Premier League alight but did well in his first season and has every chance of becoming an excellent signing next season.

Imagine thinking a player who played in almost every game and started near half of them didn't play a huge part in our title win. Embarrassing.

I know, it really is fucked up, B Silva played a huge part in our record breaking season and some City fans are writing him off as a bit part player, and he improved throughout the season, on the Lewandowski thread some nugget is suggesting we use him as part of a swap deal, FFS...

I’m just a normal guy normal City no Expert pal. I love football pretty much like everyone else on here that’s why we comment and put across our opinions. My main reasons/concerns over Jorginho are he lacks serious pace and isn’t a holding midfielder and certainty doesn’t score goals like someone mentioned on here earlier. Reminds me so much of Gundogen type player and apparently he’s being brought in to replace dinho?? if that’s the case I’m a little bit worried but at the same time i trust in pep. I’m no expert and have watched Napoli on a number of occasions and Allen the Brazilian he was there holding midfielder throughout Jorginho for me isn’t a guy to replace dinho like people keep saying as he’s not the same player and couldn’t do his job if he tried. If anything he’s replacing yaya as a central midfielder. If he’s coming in to take Gundogen’s place my opinion on him coming would be different just everyone’s saying he’s holding and comparing him to dihno! That I’m not happy about
Sometimes I'm baffled by the opinions I hear. So your worries are that he hasn't got pace, and he is not a holding Midfielder: But when asked who you'd want,.. You picked Thiago. A guy who doesn't have pace and isn't a holding midfielder.

I mean you can't make this stuff up :) This doesn't even begin to broach the false claims that Jorghino isn't a DM. He is.

Especially in light of what we want him to do. He is a deep lying playmaker. The very definition of what we want (and by 'we' I mean Pep) at the DM position.

Yet this too ignores the fact that Dihno himself wasn't even a DM when he moved to City, nor is Fred ( our earlier target). I bring this up to underscore the fact that being an actual DM previously isn't even particularly germane in the analysis of who we should get. But I digress...

Well Jorghino scored 4 league goals last season, as a DM I think that's pretty good, he has the same pace of if not quicker than Fern when he came in 2013, so pace is no issue, he has champions league experience, he's a very good one touch passer of the ball, what's not to like.

I swear some of you won't be happy unless City signs Kante as DM and Hazard as the Forward. Acting like such spoiled brats. Both Jorginho and Mahrez are class signings. Nobody better than Mahrez at that price point. Pep has been looking for an experienced head for a while. He had Nolito, wantes Sanchez, Mahrez is the next best thing as Hazard is just a dream.

As for Jorginho he is class. Fred would have never agreed to play as a second fiddle to Ferna, and apparently he is "not that a good human being" as Pep have very open about that idea, that all his players must be good human beings first! The fact Fred even entertained United's offer made City lose interest in him. The only next best CDM available? Jorginho. Always calm in possession, and rarely loses the ball. Very high pass completion and tackle rates. He will improve vastly under Pep and I couldn't be more happier. Excellent excellent signings imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.