Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also add in Gundogan. He, by no means, looks absolutely excellent. Stones has gone to pieces too after a brilliant start. The jury is still out on Laporte and Bernardo. I don't know how he termed every Pep signing to be excellent.
Joker.

I swear some of you won't be happy unless City signs Kante as DM and Hazard as the Forward. Acting like such spoiled brats. Both Jorginho and Mahrez are class signings. Nobody better than Mahrez at that price point. Pep has been looking for an experienced head for a while. He had Nolito, wantes Sanchez, Mahrez is the next best thing as Hazard is just a dream.

As for Jorginho he is class. Fred would have never agreed to play as a second fiddle to Ferna, and apparently he is "not that a good human being" as Pep have very open about that idea, that all his players must be good human beings first! The fact Fred even entertained United's offer made City lose interest in him. The only next best CDM available? Jorginho. Always calm in possession, and rarely loses the ball. Very high pass completion and tackle rates. He will improve vastly under Pep and I couldn't be more happier. Excellent excellent signings imo.

Kantes overated and hazard an lazy diving arsehole so Jorginho and Mahrez will do me as I would rather have thm

If you have the ball for nearly 80% of the time, you don't have quite the same need of a DM. You need someone who can see danger and nip it but more importantly, you need someone who can receive under pressure, turn quickly, move into space and can see and make a defence splitting pass.

If you have the ball for nearly 80% of the time, you don't have quite the same need of a DM. You need someone who can see danger and nip it but more importantly, you need someone who can receive under pressure, turn quickly, move into space and can see and make a defence splitting pass.

The impact of Fernandinho to our team and the way we miss him when he doesnt play suggests this isnt quite true mate.

The impact of Fernandinho to our team and the way we miss him when he doesnt play suggests this isnt quite true mate.
I love Ferna and think he's a key player in the team. However he was missing for 40 mins against Arsenal at Wembley (when we took over), he then missed the game at the Emirates a few days later (when we were irresistible for 45 mins) and at Spurs which was arguably one of our most complete performances.
The much maligned (on here anyway) Gundogan was excellent in all the above games.

Fernandinho isn't a traditional DM either though. He was a much more attacking player at Shakhtar and still isn't a destroyer type, or someone completely passive to the tempo of the side, like a De Jong or Barry respectively.

I think Fernandinho has been crucial at dictating the tempo we play at as, more than often, he'll recover possession or take it off a defender, play a quick one-two with KDB and we're suddenly moving forwards as a team with someone in a bit of space.

I think the hope is for Jorginho to dictate the tempo similarly, but this will rely more on his ability to play wonderful first time passes to get the side moving forwards with the player in possession in some room, rather than relying on athleticism as Fernandinho does. There's also the hope that him being more comfortable under pressure with the ball will help shield the defence more from the press we saw from Liverpool last season, where Fernandinho struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.