Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

So; I'm guessing that he either he wants to stay and fight for a place in the team, or he isn't happy with the details of the proposed move (personal terms?). Does this also imply that we're not going to be brining anyone else in in a last minute deal?

Unless he's been explicitly told not to expect to play any minutes this season, this doesn't surprise me at all. Going from City to a newly promoted team is a big step down, even if they are throwing a lot of money around. He played 14 games for us last year, which isn't bad for someone who's 21. I'd expect him to see how things are going in January before seeing if he can get a move to a better team in England or elsewhere. Good to see a young player want to fight for their place when they've probably been offered a nice pay bump and a signing on fee from another PL team.

I think Wolves were planning on either using him as a LWB or as a backup CM which he may have judged to have been pointless.

Look at this from his point of view. Yes not first choice but.....Mendy coming back off a long term injury - question over his fitness reliability will exist until he's played a run of consecutive games, Delph is injury prone and always has been, Danilo is currently injured. It's not hard to envisage Zinc seeing action early on. He clearly enjoys being at City and appears a popular member of the squad at a club challenging on all fronts. Ok so he could have moved to Wolves and been a first choice but this time next year they could be in the Championship. That's a massive backward step.

Wonder if he has got a move on to Europe and just did not fancy going to Wolves? Foden seems to be ahead of him and rightly so. Id expect Diaz is too. Delph also could not make the bench and hes is also ahead of Zinchenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.