Running thread

Manchester half done in 1:38:13. New PB!!

Fantastic time in what was miserable conditions - not even going to post my time as I was running as moral support but I reckon there's a 1:50 in me on that course. Did it last year in 2:01. Couldn't get over how many people were out under gazebos cheering everyone on.

Did you see the winning time? 1:03:36. FFS, that's rocket propelled!

Fantastic time in what was miserable conditions - not even going to post my time as I was running as moral support but I reckon there's a 1:50 in me on that course. Did it last year in 2:01. Couldn't get over how many people were out under gazebos cheering everyone on.

Did you see the winning time? 1:03:36. FFS, that's rocket propelled!

Ridiculous time isn't it? Imagine being that quick!! Under 5 minute a mile, fuck me. Could do that when i was 18 or so but doubt i'd have done 13 miles at that pace, no chance now i'm almost 50!!

Support is fantastic, got goosebumps at one point, so much support despite the weather is amazing.

Training for the 1/2 marathon in a few weeks. I've done 10-14 miles on the treadmill a few times but thought I'd best start to train outside. Never done more than 7 miles running outside before so thought I'd try a 10 mile today. Even though I got drenched I enjoyed the run. Nice easy pace and had loads left in the tank at the end. Not the best time but i averaged 8 min 50 secs per mile with 2 big inclines included. (I averaged around the 8 min mark on the treadmill so need to up the pace)
I suffer from "runners trots" so didn't eat anything 3 hours previous and had a Imodium tablet an hour beforehand. Forget the run I was pleased I didn't need toilet and could focus properly.
Just bought a book called "Born to Run" by Chris Mcdougall. Great inspiration and had some great reviews

That book changed my running completely, no more expensive trainers!

Even more pleased with my half marathon effort now, as I have been ill since last week and the doc just diagnosed me with shingles!
Hopefully a quicker time next time round

Well done mate, not good that to havecas can make you really lethargic.

I’ve just booked Oldham half for next weekend. Supposed to be a tough one do no chance of a PB!!

Well done mate, not good that to havecas can make you really lethargic.

I’ve just booked Oldham half for next weekend. Supposed to be a tough one do no chance of a PB!!

Thanks mate yeah I felt really flat last week was glad to get round! I’ve booked the Wilmslow 10k for end of November-have you done it before? Definitely a PB course if you haven’t.

Thanks mate yeah I felt really flat last week was glad to get round! I’ve booked the Wilmslow 10k for end of November-have you done it before? Definitely a PB course if you haven’t.

No mate, done the Wilmslow half a couple of times. Away end of November in Goa so can't do that or the Stockport 10 miles this year either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.