Matthijs de Ligt

Sanchez was always available,instead we chose to let the desperate cretins down the road meet his stupid demands.

He was available, for free and for a salary far less than what United threw at him but there's no question he was Pep's primary target and the player opted to take the cash

He was available, for free and for a salary far less than what United threw at him but there's no question he was Pep's primary target and the player opted to take the cash

You said he wasn't available,hence my reply?? And he wasn't free as he was transferred as part of a swap deal involving a player rated at 25m(ish)

Add that to his 500k wages and we rightly fucked him off.

Also......Our interest in Mahrez was common knowledge while we were discussing that deal.

You don't half talk some nonsense.

So wheres de ligt going then? Seems like he’s def moving, and if the prevailing thought is he’d only go to a top club where he’s a guaranteed starter, I’m not seeing many options. City have their current group as discussed. Barca already have Pique, Umtitti, Langlet and just signed that young guy from France. PSG have Silva, Marquinhos, Kehrer and Kimpebe. Juve are loaded at CB. I guess you could argue Real, but is De ligt unseating Ramos right away?? Point being I don’t know that we can just say “oh he’d have to share time at City, no way then.” and pretend he walks into the starting lineup at any other huge club.

Remains to be seen, there are plenty of clubs that would love to have a player of De Ligt's caliber - how many top clubs that could/would guarantee him starting? Maybe PSG but that would be it - T.Silva will be 35 years of age for the upcoming season

Barcelona have a potential injury concern with Umititi so there's a real possibility his career is at risk at the club. Pique is 32 and has already stated he will not be playing indefinitely as he has many interests outside of playing + he looks to be on the decline. Lenglet is depth, not meant to be a starter. Todibo is a 19 year old investment for the future and is far behind De Ligt in terms of being ready to provide big minutes at a top club.

City have Stones & Laporte who are nearly certain starters with good depth already - would De Ligt unseat either anytime soon even if he would play in the rotation along with Erik Garcia who had to have been given assurances about opportunities with the first team. Juventus are legitimate option but they never pay that big for a defender - Raiola could be a factor there and there is speculation her prefers the package Turin are considering for the Dutchman

He's a right footed CB which means at Barcelona he'd be a direct upgrade on Pique and I could easily see him become the undisputed starter early into a possible career at Barcelona but I am merely speculating

You said he wasn't available,hence my reply?? And he wasn't free as he was transferred as part of a swap deal involving a player rated at 25m(ish)

Add that to his 500k wages and we rightly fucked him off.

Also......Our interest in Mahrez was common knowledge while we were discussing that deal.

You don't half talk some nonsense.

The point was that he was not available, that also means not available at the price City were willing to pay - hence the reason why they moved on from him and directly were linked to Mahrez last winter

Are you suggesting that Sanchez was never the priority?

Remains to be seen, there are plenty of clubs that would love to have a player of De Ligt's caliber - how many top clubs that could/would guarantee him starting? Maybe PSG but that would be it - T.Silva will be 35 years of age for the upcoming season

Barcelona have a potential injury concern with Umititi so there's a real possibility his career is at risk at the club. Pique is 32 and has already stated he will not be playing indefinitely as he has many interests outside of playing + he looks to be on the decline. Lenglet is depth, not meant to be a starter. Todibo is a 19 year old investment for the future and is far behind De Ligt in terms of being ready to provide big minutes at a top club.

City have Stones & Laporte who are nearly certain starters with good depth already - would De Ligt unseat either anytime soon even if he would play in the rotation along with Erik Garcia who had to have been given assurances about opportunities with the first team. Juventus are legitimate option but they never pay that big for a defender - Raiola could be a factor there and there is speculation her prefers the package Turin are considering for the Dutchman

He's a right footed CB which means at Barcelona he'd be a direct upgrade on Pique and I could easily see him become the undisputed starter early into a possible career at Barcelona but I am merely speculating

You seem to discount 'that lot', who are still desperate for a central defender, and Liverpool, who will be looking for someone to partner van Dijk, but I cannot work out if that's because you no longer count them as 'top clubs' or if it's because you don't want to admit that they might just pip Barcelona to his signature. Unless Barcelona already have assurances, I would not underplay the role van der Saar might play or indeed the role of van Dijk.

It's true, De Ligt could work with van Dijk at Liverpool but Lovren while an inferior talent is not yet 30 so it wouldn't be a clear cut shot at starting. I struggle to imagine Liverpool spending that much again on a defender but why not? I think they are likely to be thinking midfield more than anything else since that is the weakest part of the team atm. Not sure why you would conclude I do not view them as one of the top clubs - they are unquestionably one of the top clubs

I had a pulse on what was happening with De Jong, I have little on De Ligt apart from the desire to see him signed. Raiola is normally kryptonite when it comes to Barcelona so that works against them, even if he isn't his agent per se. As big a talent as De Jong and at 19 should probably be a world class level player for more than a decade - not sure anyone would want to miss the chance for that at any price.

Seems a great great kid, super loyal to Ajax and the sort of leader profile you'd hope for leading the defense. Oranje are already looking outstanding

This guy is off to Barça if they make a good enough offer financially.

They (de Jong and de Ligt) said countless of time they want to play in the same club if possible.

When one was PSG bound, the other was PSG bound. Now that Barça got one of the duo, they have a huge lead as a personal preference of the player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.