Matthijs de Ligt

So who's leaving? I would say is its either one of Stones or Otamendi.
Nobody is leaving ffs. Kompanys fitness is no guarantee, he can't be relied on as a serious option throughout the whole season. That leaves us with 3 centre backs. Plus if we want to play with 3 at the back at times we could use one extra. And he is 18, and vinny will be gone this time next year.

Nobody is leaving ffs. Kompanys fitness is no guarantee, he can't be relied on as a serious option throughout the whole season. That leaves us with 3 centre backs. Plus if we want to play with 3 at the back at times we could use one extra. And he is 18, and vinny will be gone this time next year.

Perhaps a one year loan to Girona or Celtic?

After reading a lot of different forums about De Ligt it seems he is the mbappe of defence? A once in a generation defender? Maybe that’s why we are pushing so hard for him? I don’t see vinny getting a new playing contract after next season but maybe he could be added to the coaching staff?

After reading a lot of different forums about De Ligt it seems he is the mbappe of defence? A once in a generation defender? Maybe that’s why we are pushing so hard for him? I don’t see vinny getting a new playing contract after next season but maybe he could be added to the coaching staff?

I know little about him, other than the name... But if he is indeed potentially a once in a generation kind of player, you'd expect us to be in there for him. If he is that good, he'll get plenty of game time from City and have the benefit of three years of coaching from Pep. The CB ranks at City could be a bit crowded next season but there could also be even more games than this season so plenty to go round and a great opportunity for a young player to progress without the danger of early burnout.

Anybody actually managed to see a fair bit of this lad in action? (Shout out to Blues in Netherlands?)
I’ve watched a lot of him because Ajax have so many talented players for the future. He’s the best young defender in the league, he’s very mature... one of the leaders of the team and is capable of playing the entire pitch.

There’s times this season in which Vinnie or Nico would be with the ball all the way in the final third and be stuck not knowing what to do with all that freedom, de Ligt is more natural and can even finish as if he was an attacking player he’s so gifted on the ball. He’s really grown since the Europa final against United.

He’s not a player you loan within CFG or anywhere else and you only “loan” him back to Ajax if that’s the only way we can get his signinature(sort of like what Barca what’s to do with Frenkie De Jong for 2019). Having that Ajax education will do well for him in adapting to us because Pep uses similar principals. If we were to sign him I would send Sandler who we signed from PEC Zwolle on a 2 year loan deal to Ajax as he’s more raw but ready to play for one of the top teams in the Netherlands and see how he develops further.

I’ve watched a lot of him because Ajax have so many talented players for the future. He’s the best young defender in the league, he’s very mature... one of the leaders of the team and is capable of playing the entire pitch.

There’s times this season in which Vinnie or Nico would be with the ball all the way in the final third and be stuck not knowing what to do with all that freedom, de Ligt is more natural and can even finish as if he was an attacking player he’s so gifted on the ball. He’s really grown since the Europa final against United.

He’s not a player you loan within CFG or anywhere else and you only “loan” him back to Ajax if that’s the only way we can get his signinature(sort of like what Barca what’s to do with Frenkie De Jong for 2019). Having that Ajax education will do well for him in adapting to us because Pep uses similar principals. If we were to sign him I would send Sandler who we signed from PEC Zwolle on a 2 year loan deal to Ajax as he’s more raw but ready to play for one of the top teams in the Netherlands and see how he develops further.

Interesting. Cheers.

You are assuming Ajax will take him on loan. They might decide to move on, sign another player in defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.