Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Apparently De Jong will be getting £270k a week wages. Now I see why we didn’t get him.

Insane amount for an unproven player with virtually zero big game experience.

Yep. Pep is right not to blow our wage budget into the stratosphere by signing him. Like I said and Pep has subsequently also said - we need to be developing either from our own ranks or through good value signings because we cannot compete with Real, Barca and PSG wages without massively hiking our own.

This guy was adking for and got practically more than KDB gets.

Insane and I’m glad we’re not part of it.

As I’ve said before. I’d be happier not signing players like Mahrez, and letting young players come through instead of our Academy acting as a Bundislaga or La Liga feeder club.

I’m against signing Isco to replace Silva for the same reason.

Yep. Pep is right not to blow our wage budget into the stratosphere by signing him. Like I said and Pep has subsequently also said - we need to be developing either from our own ranks or through good value signings because we cannot compete with Real, Barca and PSG wages without massively hiking our own.

This guy was adking for and got practically more than KDB gets.

Insane and I’m glad we’re not part of it.

As I’ve said before. I’d be happier not signing players like Mahrez, and letting young players come through instead of our Academy acting as a Bundislaga or La Liga feeder club.

I’m against signing Isco to replace Silva for the same reason.

Your opinion, to which you're entitled of course, and who knows, perhaps you'll be correct.

In my opinion if we did that we'd get left behind when we really should be trying to establish a long term dominance while everything is in place - vastly wealthy owner, superb standard of football and Pep of course. I think right now we should outspend anyone to sign a player Pep wants. If PSG/rags/Chelsea can afford to pay people 400k a week then I don't see why we can't. We don't want to become like Spurs; penny pinching and trophyless yet playing quite nice football. If as often stated our heirarchy's intent is to win the CL then we need to stay ahead of teams who will also pay big wages and fees.

Sky Sports apparently saying we're interested in Idrissa Gueye from Everton. I rate him. Good stats!

Would that be a quick deal over the next few days or a summer job?

Your opinion, to which you're entitled of course, and who knows, perhaps you'll be correct.

In my opinion if we did that we'd get left behind when we really should be trying to establish a long term dominance while everything is in place - vastly wealthy owner, superb standard of football and Pep of course. I think right now we should outspend anyone to sign a player Pep wants. If PSG/rags/Chelsea can afford to pay people 400k a week then I don't see why we can't. We don't want to become like Spurs; penny pinching and trophyless yet playing quite nice football. If as often stated our heirarchy's intent is to win the CL then we need to stay ahead of teams who will also pay big wages and fees.
Take it up with Pep. I’m just repeating what he said about not being able to compete for de Jong and others regarding wages.

Rodri Hernandez looks a quality young player. 22 years old, mobile, great tackler, plays pivot well, decent in the air & nice passing range. If the €50m clause is true might be a great option to learn of ferna.

You don’t get it....you don’t get what CFG is, what Sheikh Mansour & Khaldoon want, or what Pep wants. Chemistry is a 12th man...and we will never be like Levy’s Spurs...blasphemer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.