My remaing relatives my mum and 2 older brothers are diabetic,both my brothers have had recent heart attacks,as of last summer i was ok but i have put on more weight since then as i'm on a bad run of breaking bones,i decided to give this a go in case i'm a step nearer to diabetes,it's as good a way to lose the weight as any,in the meantime i hope i take after my dad and not my mum health wise

Me and the missus lost 3 stone each in the first 9 months. I lost it quicker but I think men tend to for some reason.

I just wish I'd known about it a few years ago, as it's meant to have positive effects on people with Alzheimer's/dementia, which my father passed away with in December 2017.

I'm convinced that over indulging in carbs, especially beige carbs and refined sugar is terrible for us, and I used to hammer them without a care in the world.

Can coconut oil be used instead - it's quite nice in black coffee.

Yes mate. I used coconut oil in the early days to get my stomach adapted to MCT's because the mct oil itself was making me feel grim.

It's worth reading up on coconut oil and mct's if you haven't. I think coconut oil has C10 molecule chains in it whereas MCT oil has C8 molecule chains, which produce ketones more quickly and efficiently. Something along those lines anyway.

Me and the missus lost 3 stone each in the first 9 months. I lost it quicker but I think men tend to for some reason.

I just wish I'd known about it a few years ago, as it's meant to have positive effects on people with Alzheimer's/dementia, which my father passed away with in December 2017.

I'm convinced that over indulging in carbs, especially beige carbs and refined sugar is terrible for us, and I used to hammer them without a care in the world.
I'm all or nothing with choc and cake in particular,i can have it in the house just fine but if i eat even a tiny bit that's me off and i'll eat nothing but that for days,since i've been on this i've not had a single craving,sugar is like a drug to me,it's dangerous stuff,i don't think i will lose more weight quickly as i can't excercise,i'm resting a lot of the day and evening,i'm amazed i've dropped so much already

Yes mate. I used coconut oil in the early days to get my stomach adapted to MCT's because the mct oil itself was making me feel grim.

It's worth reading up on coconut oil and mct's if you haven't. I think coconut oil has C10 molecule chains in it whereas MCT oil has C8 molecule chains, which produce ketones more quickly and efficiently. Something along those lines anyway.
I only asked because I can't stand full fat milk, cream or butter which makes keto difficult /awkward.

I'm all or nothing with choc and cake in particular,i can have it in the house just fine but if i eat even a tiny bit that's me off and i'll eat nothing but that for days,since i've been on this i've not had a single craving,sugar is like a drug to me,it's dangerous stuff,i don't think i will lose more weight quickly as i can't excercise,i'm resting a lot of the day and evening,i'm amazed i've dropped so much already

It's good that it's working for you then. Losing weight is all part of the feel good factor of it. I hope your brain likes the ketones too. Mine loves it. I have some crazy dreams though.

If your weight loss stalls for a while, don't worry about it too much. I think that happens to the majority of us. The rapid weight loss at first is probably water, as what can happen with a few different crash diets, but then as you've probably learnt, if you have no glucose in your system your body will switch to ketones from your body fat instead. I think this is where intermittent fasting comes in too. The fat you consume makes you feel fuller for longer and your body has an ample supply of energy from the ketones produced from your fat reserves.

Last edited:
It's good that it's working for you then. Losing weight is all part of the feel good factor of it. I hope your brain likes the ketones too. Mine loves it. I have some crazy dreams though.

If your weight loss stalls for a while, don't worry about it too much. I think that happens to the majority of us. The rapid weight loss at first is probably water, as what can happen with a few different crash diets, but then as you've probably learnt, if you have no glucose in your system your body will switch to ketones from your body fat instead. I think this is where intermittent fasting comes in too. The fat you consume makes you feel fuller for longer and your body had an ample supply of energy from the ketones produced from your fat reserves.
I was going to ask about when it slows down but you've answered it,i've learnt a lot today thank you

I had forgotten what was in the keto pills i've been taking so i had a look just now,it has sodium,potassium,magnesium etc which explains why i haven't had the keto flu,upped the MCT to a teaspoon twice a day

Can you link me up with these keto pills so I can have a gander please.
I just wanna see if I think they'll benefit me when I come out of keto when I beer binge.

I forgot to say another big plus I've had since doing this - I've not had a cold or man flu since I've been keto.
The autumn/winter of 2017 I had colds and a couple of chest infections. Possibly the death of my father didn't help, stress and all that, but last winter, since keto, not even a sniff. So last autumn/winter nothing whatsoever, even at work with colds going around the office, I think me and the missus (we work together) were the only ones to not get it.
I've not been ill since keto... but have had bouts of mild keto flu, which I don't really class as flu or a cold, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.