I'm a stone down and mod to large ketones,another stone to go,i would recomend this diet,my GP approves
Apologies, not read the whole thread so you might have discussed it already, but how do you go about a keto diet as a vegetarian?

Read the sodium part of this guide and have a Google about increasing salt intake on keto.

I drink a cup of bouillon pretty much every afternoon.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/supplements
I am well into this diet now and interested to read everybody else's experience of it. I make my own bone broth, simple beef bones free from local butchers. I am interested to hear about your bouillon. Do you buy it or make your own with fish bones? Also is this more or less favourable than bone broth?

Apologies, not read the whole thread so you might have discussed it already, but how do you go about a keto diet as a vegetarian?
Sophie has put you a good link,it seems tricky to do at first look but goggling there is lots of places to guide you,i don't eat fish but i eat dairy,i was on low fat but now i've gone full fat on everything,adding nuts and seeds to everything,you eat butter rather than marg olive oil,you can have berries but no other fruit,veg like broccoli and cauliflower etc are fine,no potatoes or carrots or anything out of the ground,salad stuff is ok,advocado,quorn and tofu is ok,start with the link sophie gave you as that's where i started,once you get into it i've found it easy,i'm a picky eater as well,i never feel hungry as it's not a diet as such it just takes you away from carbs and sugar so you use fat reserves for energy,MCT oil helps get you into keto,that's a must,got mine off amazon,take it gently or you'll be on the loo all day,most people seem to start the day with MCT oil and butter in coffee,yuk not for me so i put it in full fat milk instead,also look into to intermittent fasting,you fast over night,take the coffee thing and don't eat till lunch,finish eating about 6pm or so,you won't feel hungry but you might feel like you have got a mild flu for a bit,buy some keto sticks from amazon and you can measure your ketones in your wee and it'll tell you where you are,Use salt as you need to keep your sodium levels up

Last edited:
I am well into this diet now and interested to read everybody else's experience of it. I make my own bone broth, simple beef bones free from local butchers. I am interested to hear about your bouillon. Do you buy it or make your own with fish bones? Also is this more or less favourable than bone broth?

I've never had bone broth myself. I wouldn't mind doing at some point.

I buy Marigold's swiss vegetable bouillon from either Tesco or Sainsbury's for £2 a pot and mix a healthy spoonful with boiling water and drink that at my desk, purely to get the salt from it. I also drink stock cubes too for the same reason and to mix the flavours up a bit. My favourite being Tesco's own Chicken ones at the moment, 50p a pack.

I've never had bone broth myself. I wouldn't mind doing at some point.

I buy Marigold's swiss vegetable bouillon from either Tesco or Sainsbury's for £2 a pot and mix a healthy spoonful with boiling water and drink that at my desk, purely to get the salt from it. I also drink stock cubes too for the same reason and to mix the flavours up a bit. My favourite being Tesco's own Chicken ones at the moment, 50p a pack.
I used to love Oxo cubes as a kid but I also loved dipping bread in it as well ;-)

So the bouillon is just a veggie stock is it?

I used to love Oxo cubes as a kid but I also loved dipping bread in it as well ;-)

So the bouillon is just a veggie stock is it?

Haha. I used to occasionally get a cup of Oxo off the bloke who used to walk around the edge of the pitch at Maine Rd serving hot drinks, when I was a kid. I think it was Oxo before it changing to Bovril.

Here's the link to the bouillon so you can have a look. It was recommended by some people on a reddit page I was reading a while ago from people doing keto in UK.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255956181

Haha. I used to occasionally get a cup of Oxo off the bloke who used to walk around the edge of the pitch at Maine Rd serving hot drinks, when I was a kid. I think it was Oxo before it changing to Bovril.

Here's the link to the bouillon so you can have a look. It was recommended by some people on a reddit page I was reading a while ago from people doing keto in UK.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255956181
Cheers for that link pal, it is certainly an easier/more convenient way of getting your electrolytes in. I will give it a go as well as the bone broth.

Cheers for that link pal, it is certainly an easier/more convenient way of getting your electrolytes in. I will give it a go as well as the bone broth.

No worries mate. I think it's a pretty nice drink, pretty salty like, but I like that.

I'm just about to drink a small tub of double cream too. Mmmm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.