Var debate 2019/20

Oliver is clearly best placed and had some very good champions league and europa league appointments in the last 18 months, next in line would be anthony taylor

there is absolutely a dearth of refereeing talent in this country at the top of the game, but those at the top at the moment are decent and of comparable standard to other top refs in europe

This shit again.

There wasn't a single thing in that play that could be reviewed, so why people keep trying to bring it up in this discussion is beyond me. it's akin to saying "let's check Kompany's goal vs Leicester" ffs.

Plenty of better ways to make your point pal.
It’s not about that after seeing the goal replayed in hindsight that we know there was nothing that could rule them out.

It’s that, as fans in the stadium, we don’t know if we’ve missed something that may be looked at there and then as the ball hits the net. We are there live and in the seconds after the ball hits the net we don’t know what we might have not seen.

For all we know there and then Kompany may have had hold of a QPR player’s shirt as he made his run as Kun scored, we don’t know if Kun was actually stood offside when Kompany hit that screamer against Leicester.

For our two goals that stood against Spurs on Saturday my first thoughts were:
Was Raheem offside then?
Was de Bruyne offside before he crossed the ball?

And I didn’t celebrate properly.

We cannot celebrate goals properly anymore. It’s ruining what’s special about the sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oliver is clearly best placed and had some very good champions league and europa league appointments in the last 18 months, next in line would be anthony taylor

there is absolutely a dearth of refereeing talent in this country at the top of the game, but those at the top at the moment are decent and of comparable standard to other top refs in europe

Would that be the same Anthony Taylor the lone and impartial Altrincham supporter from a family of rag supporters ?

And if Oliver is the " best placed " , based upon his performance last week, there is no chance of PiGMOL being able to put forward a representative , and substitute " chasm " for
" dearth " and I may possibly agree with you.

Ref's get abuse for getting 10% of decisions wrong, if VAR means SAY 3% of decisions are wrong, I'll take the 3% thank you very much

Ref's get abuse for getting 10% of decisions wrong, if VAR means SAY 3% of decisions are wrong, I'll take the 3% thank you very much

Their stance appears to suggest that they will not accept that ANY decisions they make are wrong.

So 100% correct must be the VAR/PiGMOL target that they set their officials.

Would you take the 3% if they are always against us? As opposed to 10% which are 5% in our favour and 5% against?

That's a very low bar. Have you seen ome of the 'champions' league refs we have had?

the world cup was quite simple, clattenburg quit leaving a place for an english ref in the elite group. atkinson was too old so not eligible, no other ref had the time to be promoted into the elite group in time to officiate at the tournament.

the aussie ref came from reffing football in Australia, not rugby

You refs always stick together mate lol.

We should have refs queuing up to be in the elite groups rather then be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don’t mind people making genuine mistakes. It happens in every job but Swarbrick’s explanation of the non penalty on Rodri has seriously damaged the little confidence City fans had in our officials.

I wish the ex NRL Official well. I’m glad to hear he’s served his time in Australian football as well

You refs always stick together mate lol.

We should have refs queuing up to be in the elite groups rather then be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don’t mind people making genuine mistakes. It happens in every job but Swarbrick’s explanation of the non penalty on Rodri has seriously damaged the little confidence City fans had in our officials.

I wish the ex NRL Official well. I’m glad to hear he’s served his time in Australian football as well
What’s his role? Is he actually acting as the VAR official at PL games? Or is he just part of a team, is he just passing on his experiences ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.