Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two points behind us shows how well Chelsea's youngsters have been playing. I guess having not been contenders for the past two seasons their fans are probably more accepting of a "transistional" season than they would have if they had been defending Champions.

It is a shame that it takes something like this ban combined with a new manager whose playing history gives him fair more tolerance than outsiders would receive for them to get their chances in the first team.
Or how badly we have been we would have atleast another 6 points between us if it werent for our injury crisis. Everyone who thinks that we should be like chelsea and how good they are think back to spurs last season and how much of a difference between us points wise in the end.

Many Chelsea supporters will also add the names
Ruben Loftus-Cheek 23
Reece James 19

Yeah, them two as well, and even though he isn't English, I'd count Christensen too, as he joined our academy at aged 14 or 15.

Or how badly we have been we would have atleast another 6 points between us if it werent for our injury crisis. Everyone who thinks that we should be like chelsea and how good they are think back to spurs last season and how much of a difference between us points wise in the end.

Yeah, that's true.

I think, while I'm fairly satisfied with how our season is going so far, I also know we haven't really set the world alight with our results, while performances have been good, the results have been pretty average at times so far, and us being just 2 points behind City is more of an indictment on a couple of City's results than anything incredible Chelsea are doing. In a couple of weeks, the gap between us will probably be back to 8-10 points.

Yeah, that's true.

I think, while I'm fairly satisfied with how our season is going so far, I also know we haven't really set the world alight with our results, while performances have been good, the results have been pretty average at times so far, and us being just 2 points behind City is more of an indictment on a couple of City's results than anything incredible Chelsea are doing. In a couple of weeks, the gap between us will probably be back to 8-10 points.
I think you'll be a lot better next season when you can actually improve your team but people saying we should copy chelsea despite what we have done over the last two years and us having the injuries we have is crazy.

I think you'll be a lot better next season when you can actually improve your team but people saying we should copy chelsea despite what we have done over the last two years and us having the injuries we have is crazy.

Bloody hell, who is saying that? That is genuinely absurd. I'm buzzing at what is happening at Chelsea, and watching this team genuinely awesome, but I think the ideal scenario would be to do what City are doing with some of what Chelsea have been forced to do sprinkled on top - meaning Foden and maybe another young lad become mainstays in the team alongside KDB, Bernardo etc.

Hudson-Odoi on Sterling.

Despite not linking up with Sterling as England prepare to face Czech Republic and Bulgaria, the teenager says he still talks to the former Liverpool City man, who he rates as one of the best players on the planet. ‘I’d say he is one of the best wingers in the world right now,’ said Hudson Odoi of Sterling. ‘When I watch him play it’s an amazing feeling because he likes to help and contribute to the team as much as possible. ‘I look at him as a player and say if I can be like that, get the goals he’s getting and the way he’s playing for the team, it could be amazing, not just for me but the team as well. ‘When I have the opportunity, I do speak to Raheem. I ask him, “How do you get all the goals you are getting, how do you work for the team, how do you impact in big games?

‘He gives you the best advice possible. He’ll tell me to keep working hard, he’ll tell me how to get the goals, how to get the assists. ‘For a person like that to help you, it’s an amazing feeling. Obviously, he’s in a different team so he doesn’t have to do that. But he does because he wants everyone to do well. ‘But a player like him, it’s a massive thing to know he’s in the national team and I can chat to him and say what’s good and what’s not good. It’s an amazing feeling.”

Lampard on Sterling.

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard backed Sterling as an ideal role model for Hudson-Odoi, saying last month: ‘I don’t like to talk about other club’s players but Raheem Sterling is an incredible example of a player with great talent, whose work ethic added to that talent and improvement in a short period of time through absolute dedication, has seen him become a complete player, who we are all wowed by.

‘He is a great model for Callum because Callum has those talents. I want him to be the absolute best because he has the potential to do that and some of it is about hard truths and I saw some hard truths in the game the other day – ways that he can improve. ‘He needs to listen to them and he will. Then he can be that player for us.’

Last edited:
Hudson-Odoi looks pretty sharp already, albeit it's pretty obvious he has outgrown the U21 international level, but it was a good game for his fitness levels.

Last edited:
In the 5 games since coming back from being out for 6 months, Hudson-odoi has 4 assists and 3 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.