Var debate 2019/20

Don't really care what those two think So will have to agree to disagree Personally I would have booked him for simulation

They are rag to the core and even they have said its a foul against the Rags. Im happy it went in City's favour but its clearly wrong!!

It was obvious to me in real time, I perhaps had a more favourable view than the ref with the camera angle. Seriously though mate, it's a stonewall penalty that even the most ardent Liverpool and United fans I talk football with are calling a definite pen and believe me they would normally argue against anything in City's favour.

I don’t think the world is against City, I'll admit to seeing things from a biased perspective but I'd rather be that than Bluemoon's answer to Niall Quinn.

So literally that first sentence is pretty much my own take on it, so our views are not so different. Also I would also imagine for a ref in real time making a decision in a fraction of a second it must be tough to determine who initiates the contact as players have an inclination to drag there leg across the others to show contact to the ref so I can understand the refs doubt, hence its not the gravest of errors. But I do agree it was a pen.

I prefer to not see things from a biased perspective so I can see its a pen having watched loads of replays but could I be certain in real time, not so sure. Its not therefore in my eyes a ridiculous stance.

Yes fair enough mate you keep being biased, as many people are, and I will keep trying to be objective. No right or wrong there but strange you call
someone out on it.

So literally that first sentence is pretty much my own take on it, so our views are not so different. Also I would also imagine for a ref in real time making a decision in a fraction of a second it must be tough to determine who initiates the contact as players have an inclination to drag there leg across the others to show contact to the ref so I can understand the refs doubt, hence its not the gravest of errors. But I do agree it was a pen.

I prefer to not see things from a biased perspective so I can see its a pen having watched loads of replays but could I be certain in real time, not so sure. Its not therefore in my eyes a ridiculous stance.

Yes fair enough mate you keep being biased, as many people are, and I will keep trying to be objective. No right or wrong there but strange you call
someone out on it.

You're missing my point, I prefer not to see things from a biased perspective but I accept I do, in your efforts to be objective you over compensate, a la Niall Quinn.

You're missing my point, I prefer not to see things from a biased perspective but I accept I do, in your efforts to be objective you over compensate, a la Niall Quinn.

So in relation to this incident you think agreeing that is a pen but understanding why the ref has missed it could be over compensating?

It is a shame Niall Quinn is not a member as I am sure he would also be perplexed by your comments, least I am in good company. How does he over compensate?

So you think that the goal should have been disallowed?

Absolutely. It was a foul. I’d have been raving if it was against City and I expected it to be given yesterday but was happy it wasn’t.

Yeah remember that one.

It was one of the few occasions they’ve done what they are supposed to, ie let the play run on and then check.

Yeah, also the penalty for encroachment.

Absolutely. It was a foul. I’d have been raving if it was against City and I expected it to be given yesterday but was happy it wasn’t.

Yeah, also the penalty for encroachment.

I don’t see that one as VAR really as they never overrule the referee for fouls or none fouls.

It’s not being used properly at the moment, the referees desperately need to use the monitor.

Bizarre when all the stats including events this weekend highlight VAR are not overturning penalty decisions for anyone not just us.

Yes contrary to a lot of the nonsense written.

Go on then how many have been overturned by Var if you certain it would happen to anyone but City?

It wouldn't have to gone to fucking VAR if it was anyone but us, certain penalty which would be given instantly, stop fucking wumming, you know it was a penalty.

One thing I don't get is what's the fucking point of having pitch side monitors if the stupid fucker in the middle is being told to not use them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.