Wolves - post match

Don't think you can blame this on Mendy/Sterling mistakes. Obviously they didn't help, but when you are playing 5 at the back getting in each other's way and inviting wave after wave of attack then eventually the odds say you will get punished.
Pep got it hopelessly wrong tonight and was informed of the fact in no uncertain terms when he took Kev off. Not sure why the apologists can't see it.

Hadn't a cat in hells chance of getting to the ball first so should have just put the brakes on and seen what happened.
He did put the breaks on:

He's allowed to come out and challenge for the ball, the second he realised he wasn't getting it he pulled away and made himself smaller to avoid contact. I'm pretty sure the rules say he has to be deliberately denying a goal scoring opportunity, at worst it's a coming together, personally I think Jota has looked for the contact.

Again I ask though, why was the ref so sure of it? Why didn't he atleast check with VAR? Why didn't the commentary even question it? He didn't "take him out" as they put it, watch the replay if you can find the slow-motion one. That's clearly not an accurate description but the commentary's words have stuck in the minds of the masses now and it will be forgotten.

Last edited:
Found out lol,the last 2 yrs didn't happen then
What do you think found out means ???? It means that teams have found out how we play after 2 years of success. If they already knew how we played then we wouldn’t have been found out would we .

Once again Sir I would suggest Laporte's stature and reputation grows with every game he doesn't play.. I like him but feel he is easily done by pace and strength, lacks aerial ability and leadership but in this defence he would seem like Bobby Moore. Laporte was humbled by Spuds in the European semis. He will be great with another great defender alongside him..

You’re right - he’s getting legendary status & I feel for him when he returns because he will be pilloried by the very people currently drooling over him.
To be fair - it’s not just Laporte we miss. It’s the players who enable us to defend from the front & through the middle.

we have missed 4 or 5 players all season

Ooops, I wasn't serious writing "Pep out" I apologise for that. Yep, we lost with a series of brain farts and lame substitutions.

But some fellas here are über reacting like a bunch of entitled tarquins, rags and dippers. Yep, we fucking lost, we move on, give a serious wipe to your flapping fannies.

Fella that Rodri pass was as simple a 20 yard pass as you will ever see. It’s all he does stroll around and pass it simple. Dinho does those for fun but also has much more to his game. Buying this guy which may or may not work out and moving dinho to centre half has killed us this year. Add on the buys of cancelo and Mahrez plus Mendy and that’s why we are looking in real trouble. Bad buys for big money cost you.

The state of that defence is shocking and for any guys who get paid the big bucks to think that a injury prone kompany who leaves and stones and otamendi who have been more average than good for a few years now then wtf? Throw in a bargain basement Angelino and cancelo who supposedly can play either right or left full back but isn’t picked to do either and it makes you wonder.
Fern will be 35 soon. Not entirely convinced by Rodri. Sometimes I think he's great, sometimes I think he's too slow to play in the Premier League.

The state of that defence is shocking because we have lost two central defenders. Stones seems to be there in the background, but Pep doesn't seem to want to play him.

You're being a bit harsh on Mendy who was injured and on Mahrez. Mahrez has not been a 100% success but I can see him working out if we can get the balance right.

This squad (minus Kompany) did the domestic treble last season. I am gutted to lose and to see other fans gloat but I don't think the problems are as big as others make out. I think f we get last season's side back on the pitch we will be OK.

Every side we play now thinks if they can put the ball in behind Ferna and Ota then they can cause us a problem but they are only there for one more month.

He did put the breaks on:

He's allowed to come out and challenge for the ball, the second he realised he wasn't getting it he pulled away and made himself smaller to avoid contact. I'm pretty sure the rules say he has to be deliberately denying a goal scoring opportunity, at worst it's a coming together, personally I think Jota has looked for the contact.

I don't disagree just thought he might have pulled up a bit sooner that is all. Jota definitely made certain that contact would happen, but the referee was too far back to see that and VAR was never going to over rule him.

In the past? Sound like a dipper?

We’ve won 4 trophies in 2019. That’s this year.

There are 3 more trophies to compete for next year as well.

You know what you sound like? A clueless spoilt and unintelligent little brat.
You’re my favourite!

You’re right. We will win every trophy still available, especially if we carry on playing how we have done so far this season, simply because of what we did last season.

I’m sorry that I raised any concerns. How very dare I!

You take any teams best centre half away and they will struggle.

We managed to lose our best centre half and the leader of our club.

Don't underestimate the void left by Vinnie in the dressing room and out on the pitch.

When the shit hit the fan and pep needed men, VInny always came back in the side.

Who could have foreseen an injury prone Kompany may not have been in the side and that our best centre half may at some point get injured. Such an unlikely scenario no multi million pound earning football man could be blamed. Imagine trying to have 2 fit good centre halves in your squad. Pah never happens.

You’re right - he’s getting legendary status & I feel for him when he returns because he will be pilloried by the very people currently drooling over him.
To be fair - it’s not just Laporte we miss. It’s the players who enable us to defend from the front & through the middle.

we have missed 4 or 5 players all season
It's the same side minus Laporte. Name the 4 or 5 players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.