Bring the Noise

Babs is great and the other City steward who's there all the time is too. They let quite a lot of stuff go but yeah, they don't like us banging on the seats to get songs going. We pretty much had free reign in 113 to do it on Saturday though as they were over in 115 ;)

Did notice in 113, the away fans are more covered up and out of the way, no wonder they bang seats and rip them out to throw. It is a better end for noise, like you say curved roof and its is a bit lower also. We noticed the difference a lot when we sang and clapped, the clapping echoed.

Overall the game was a good laugh, those not at the game that sing missed out on a good one.

About half hour before KO you could see lots of families in 115 / 113 sat down, seats in PL games are usually empty. The gate was 54k, there was 8k Vale fans, so surely of the 46k city fans some more could have moved in to 113 to sing.

Its right Jrb, we wont stop trying, it gets better very slowly. Seven years ago I was in 116 / 117 before we extended the south stand, it was terrible, could hear a pin drop. At least now we do have some noise, maybe it isn't spreading as much as we want it to but for fans in those blocks signing we are enjoying the game.

ctid

im normally in 115 at the back, singing with the usual lads. But for this game moved to back of the vacated away end in 113, as we all know we tried to get fans from all over to join in, particular those booted out of SS3. Cheap tickets to.

So where was everybody ? back few rows of 113 sang most of game, keeping songs going for a while. Why didn't more singers move in ? Where were the singers in 115 / 116.

Fair play to anybody that sang in 113 / 114 / 115 / 116 and all the guys that moved to 113. Did a lot of fans not go to the game as there seemed to be lots of families lower SS and areas with fans sitting down.

A new stadium with a dedicated end wont make any difference, there was an ideal opportunity against Vale to show the club that if we have our own full end we can get the place rocking. Bit few took up on the chance. Thought we could have got kippax / SS linked. It didn't really happen and not sure why.

Did notice that the roof in the 113 away end comes down lower and creates better autistics, less fans sang but it sounded better, also the steel sheets at the back where good to bang on with songs.
I was in 114 singing my guts out tyring to get everyone to join in, the problem is there was none of the usual crowd for cup games. behind me was a group of teenagers who didnt know who ederson was... having said that i actual preferred not having the away fans the bottom tier.
The metal sheets were great in my opinion, they are like a socially accepted football drum.

Did notice in 113, the away fans are more covered up and out of the way, no wonder they bang seats and rip them out to throw. It is a better end for noise, like you say curved roof and its is a bit lower also. We noticed the difference a lot when we sang and clapped, the clapping echoed.

Overall the game was a good laugh, those not at the game that sing missed out on a good one.

About half hour before KO you could see lots of families in 115 / 113 sat down, seats in PL games are usually empty. The gate was 54k, there was 8k Vale fans, so surely of the 46k city fans some more could have moved in to 113 to sing.

Its right Jrb, we wont stop trying, it gets better very slowly. Seven years ago I was in 116 / 117 before we extended the south stand, it was terrible, could hear a pin drop. At least now we do have some noise, maybe it isn't spreading as much as we want it to but for fans in those blocks signing we are enjoying the game.

ctid

Can’t fault your continued positivity Trev. :-) Think there needs to be a bit of reality mixed in with that, mate. :-( Appreciate I’m not very upbeat about the current situation regarding the atmosphere at the Etihad. You know me. We’ve always got on. And more importantly, we’ve always been able to talk and to be honest with each other. There have been improvements. 1894 numbers have increased, the displays have got bigger and better, working with the club, the club listening most of the time, getting seats put aside by the club for cup games, etc. Where 1894 isn’t progressing, and it isn’t through lack of trying, so I can’t blame 1894, is the apathy amongst City fans to make the effort and to join 1894 for 1 match, 1 relocation, 1 move, 90 minutes of supporting the team, etc. Then they can go back to their usual seats.1894 aren’t asking them to commit beyond that. And never have done. And never will do.

I honestly don’t think the message is getting across, regardless of this thread, BM, 1894 Twitter, etc. The vast majority of City fans don’t know about 1894 cup seat relocations to improve the atmosphere. Maybe you know different? And if that isn’t correct, I apologise. We all know the stance of the club to go public about a unofficial/official singing section. But until the club truly get behind any future (1894) cup relocation and push it on the OS continually via a dedicated link on the OS ticket page, nothing will change. No, the club can’t force City fans to click on that link and to relocate, but if the link Is there with an explanation of why it’s there, more City fans would relocate in my opinion. As it is, 1894 will keep asking the same fans to relocate who haven’t bothered relocating so far. And all we will end up with in the future is a similar scenario to this season’s CL games and the Port Vale game

Apologies for the constructive, deconstructive, post.

Last edited:
Can’t fault your continued positivity Trev. :-) Think there needs to be a bit of reality mixed in with that, mate. :-( Appreciate I’m not very upbeat about the current situation regarding the atmosphere at the Etihad. You know me. We’ve always got on. And more importantly, we’ve always been able to talk and to be honest with each other. There have been improvements. 1894 numbers have increased, the displays have got bigger and better, working with the club, the club listening most of the time, getting seats put aside by the club for cup games, etc. Where 1894 isn’t progressing, and it isn’t through lack of trying, so I can’t blame 1894, is the apathy amongst City fans to make the effort and to join 1894 for 1 match, 1 relocation, 1 move, 90 minutes of supporting the team, etc. Then they can go back to their usual seats.1894 aren’t asking them to commit beyond that. And never have done. And never will do.

I honestly don’t think the message is getting across, regardless of this thread, BM, 1894 Twitter, etc. The vast majority of City fans don’t know about 1894 cup seat relocations to improve the atmosphere. Maybe you know different? And if that isn’t correct, I apologise. We all know the stance of the club to go public about a unofficial/official singing section. But until the club truly get behind any future (1894) cup relocation and push it on the OS continually via a dedicated link on the OS ticket page, nothing will change. No, the club can’t force City fans to click on that link and to relocate, but if the link Is there with an explanation of why it’s there, more City fans would relocate in my opinion. As it is, 1894 will keep asking the same fans to relocate who haven’t bothered relocating so far. And all we will end up with in the future is a similar scenario to this season’s CL games and the Port Vale game

I liked the idea and for a bigger game it would get the atmosphere buzzing there is definitely enough vocal city fans for it keep doing what your doing and we will definitely get the atmosphere where we need it to be in the future

I do agree Jrb, there are some areas within the club where we are still not backed up fully. Take the website for instance, at the beginning of every home game they show every corner of the stadium bar where the flags are in SS, if they do show footage it is a one second glimpse and a terrible angle. If you looked at liverpool or palace footage on their club websites, some others to, they embrace it more and show it as part of the game. It does help to get everybody engaged. The support we get from our direct contacts at the club is above and beyond, they put the same effort in that we do. But there are other areas that could join in more. There must be a way of making it clearer about singing sections and ticket allocations we organise. At the end of the day the club do lay out the tickets for us, but there must be a lack of communication somewhere that prevents fans from getting the message.

Only by us all chatting as we do will we get anywhere, don't mind any constructive posts. It gets the point over.

I was in 114 singing my guts out tyring to get everyone to join in, the problem is there was none of the usual crowd for cup games. behind me was a group of teenagers who didnt know who ederson was... having said that i actual preferred not having the away fans the bottom tier.
The metal sheets were great in my opinion, they are like a socially accepted football drum.

Glad you said that mate, I thought I was just being paranoid when I looked round and so different faces, was a different lot of fans altogether. I think if we had normal 114 / 115 as well as the guys in 113 it would have been loud.

I do agree Jrb, there are some areas within the club where we are still not backed up fully. Take the website for instance, at the beginning of every home game they show every corner of the stadium bar where the flags are in SS, if they do show footage it is a one second glimpse and a terrible angle. If you looked at liverpool or palace footage on their club websites, some others to, they embrace it more and show it as part of the game. It does help to get everybody engaged. The support we get from our direct contacts at the club is above and beyond, they put the same effort in that we do. But there are other areas that could join in more. There must be a way of making it clearer about singing sections and ticket allocations we organise. At the end of the day the club do lay out the tickets for us, but there must be a lack of communication somewhere that prevents fans from getting the message.

Only by us all chatting as we do will we get anywhere, don't mind any constructive posts. It gets the point over.

Perhaps it’s time we asked the club directly (again?) if they would setup a relocation link on the OS ticket page for a future home CL or FA Cup game. Even if the club only agreed to do it as a one off to see if it would make any difference. Until the club agree to do that, we will never know if it could make a difference.

TBF to the club they have agreed to relocations, displays, a megaphone, etc, so there is always a chance those in-charge of the club might agree to the request?

Maybe if we ask for seats in a bigger game and bring the megaphone?
The utd game is a chance at redemption for the earlier one.
I also asked chessman about raising more awareness about 1894. His response was he does retweet 1894 every now an then.

Fulham at home in the FA Cup gives us another opportunity.

If 1894 and the club arrange it again, perhaps Ric will sticky a relocation link at the top of the main BM page?

That will give BM members a clear and visible thread and link to relocate for the Fulham game.

Maybe if we ask for seats in a bigger game and bring the megaphone?
The utd game is a chance at redemption for the earlier one.
I also asked chessman about raising more awareness about 1894. His response was he does retweet 1894 every now an then.
Bring a megaphone into the ground?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.