United (a) post-match thread

I'll be more grounded in my perspective tomorrow. But for now..

- they're average, but they seem to have developed a solid defence, and built a counter attack / set piece system that is effective.

- we don't need a complete rebuild, 3 players I reckon. A great centre half, a playmaker of Spanish Dave quality (I know, dream on), and a great striker would do. Easier said than done.

- I'd still take our season over theirs at the moment. Cup won, in the CL and 2nd in PL.

Result means fuck all in respect of how our season might finish so im over it already.

Summer will bring about much needed change and im certain we will be back at it next season league wise but in the meantime, we should and will imo finish 2nd which is hardly a disaster.

Pretty much how I see it.

Minutes in legs. He is looking at other more critical games.

Keep seeing a replays on social media of the sane goal away at arsenal. One touch zipped passing. Pure sex. We haven’t done that once this season. Gundogan and Rodri slow the ball waaaaay too much. And that’s just when one of them plays. When both play it’s turgid.

6 changes from the starting XI against Madrid and a shocker from one of the other 5 players. No wonder we weren't great. We have a good squad but...

In the grand scheme of things the loss isn't important. If Pep and the players were asked to choose to lose a game from SW and MU, they'd have gone with MU because FA Cup is more important than the league now.

Cancelo and Zinch were poor, Raz was worse than them, Kun's legs are not for big games away from home and on current form he might start from the bench against Madrid. Foden wasn't bad but that's it. People should calm a bit and understand Pep plays certain players for a reason. Both Rodri and Gundy were excellent against Madrid, so to explain our performance with the fact that both played isn't serious.

Question for me is who plays at CB against Madrid. Both Otamendi and Dinho aren't in great form.

Ederson started the season well but has been inconsistent. This kind of performance was coming. Pray he is himself in the CL. Made a good save in Madrid.

Games where the other teams midfield is passive you can get away with Rodri and Gundo - they had lots of space vs Madrid....in high intensity games where teams press both are very vulnerable - played together in high intensity its a shambles

Remember when we had leaders and a bit of physicality.

zabba,
kompany,
yaya
de jong,
dzeko
Ffs even kolorov

Actually this is an excellent shout, City have gone soft and short, partly for the passing game, low centre of gravity posession style, but we seriously lack enough fighters, height and eyeballing motherf**kers. Our complete absence of aggression/success at corners is a snapshot of this incidentally.

Missed it all. Driving back from Essex. Seems the M11,A1 and M62 had more to see than our performance. Wasn’t hopeful after seeing the team. Obvious all eggs in the Cup basket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.