United (a) post-match thread

Yeah I agree this squad isn’t good enough to get the champions league this season but can we do a huge overhaul in the summer?

We have to. It's that simple.

1x LB starter - 50m
1x LB back up - 20m
2x CB starters - 70m each.
1x Sane replacement - 125m
1x Fern replacement - 100m
1x RB starter/squad place - 40m
1x GK squad - 15m
2x STRIKERS - 80-100M Each
3rd striker if Serg or Jesus leave - 50-70m

Raheem to leave if his head doesn't come back - 120m
Sane - 60m (that's all we will get)
Mendy - 25m
Ota - 10m
Stones - 15m
Bravo - free
Rodri - 30m

A net spend of around 5-600m.

If not, next season will be much like this one.
As per 2013, as per 2014/15.

I'll be more grounded in my perspective tomorrow. But for now..

- they're average, but they seem to have developed a solid defence, and built a counter attack / set piece system that is effective.

- we don't need a complete rebuild, 3 players I reckon. A great centre half, a playmaker of Spanish Dave quality (I know, dream on), and a great striker would do. Easier said than done.

- I'd still take our season over theirs at the moment. Cup won, in the CL and 2nd in PL.
So much depends on the cb recruitment. We need to get it right. Get that and a lot of our problems go away.

How can anybody say they're not bothered by losing to the worst rag team for years three times this season. They were woeful today, we were on a par with them, the warning signs have been there ever since we beat Madrid, performances after have been shit, including Villa last week where we sneaked the win. We're in easy street until we play the return leg of the champs league where we'll no doubt be busting a gut.
Not good enough for me, we should be up for every game no matter who we play.

Many things pissed me off today, but the biggest moment was after Sterling has fluffed his lines from Mahrez's cross, he just tucked around on the floor. If he had jumped up, he would have been in a good position to take advantage of De Gea's fumble from Jesus.

That and Sterling's shots on goal with the power of a school girl.

Keep seeing a replays on social media of the sane goal away at arsenal. One touch zipped passing. Pure sex. We haven’t done that once this season. Gundogan and Rodri slow the ball waaaaay too much. And that’s just when one of them plays. When both play it’s turgid.
I think this is one of our main issues.
The absence of Fernandinho from that role, who is remarkably good at it, has hurt us significantly

No problem with the injury....major problem with his performances - the guy is not a defender and not good enough in the vast majority of the aspects of the game to play for us and never has been

Then we will have to disagree mate..I think he will be very good once he gets fully fit and free from injuries.
As for the game itself Pep fucked up big time by not playing Walker and Mendy from the start.
As much as I love Raz he's not played well for ages..he needs to come on when we aren't struggling and get his confidence back.
I felt sorry for Foden in the 1st half as he never got the ball..looked so much better when he moved more central.
No matter how we sugarcoat it we lost to a fucking shite team .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.