COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's quite really sunk in how big a number 30k deaths actually is for many. I'm really surprised how many are just kinda indifferent to it all. It's an awful lot. Did a quick calculation, and based on the UK population being 66m, that's 0.045% of the population who have passed away from this. Or one in every 2222 people in this country. Doesn't sound like much once again, but one in every 2222 people would be about 25 people out of a full Etihad stadium. That's pretty awful.

Now if the deaths are actually around the 50k mark like rumoured due to excess deaths, it's one in every 1333 people. Or 41 people out of a full Etihad stadium. I know the Etihad stadium thing is an odd comparison, but it made the numbers really hit home for me. That's a lot of people.

It's a fucking awful lot of death, and it makes me incredibly angry when you see how much of it could have been potentially avoided. We've got every right to look at Germany's significantly lower numbers and ask how we seemingly got it so wrong.

Obviously that death ratio is heavily weighted towards an older demographic too. Basically, the odds of someone's parents or grandparents passing away from this and just scarily small. Many more people should be taking this even more seriously than they are.
But most would of died anyway from flu

Have they been advised on new working conditions and protocols to minimise risk?
I didn't ask, a driver, two office staff & a production operator.
Seems as if employers believe things are about to open up.
Like i said though, it's only in my circle of friends and means nothing on a national scale

Cannot believe every time they ask 1 of the govt about why our death count is high compared to other countries, they seem ti imply our method ismore accurate than the rest of the world. My confidence in them is about nill at the moment. It was only about 3 weeks ago they said they hoped to keep the number of deaths to less than 30k by the end of May. Well guess what we passed that target with 3 weeks to spare

The Uk screwed up not closing the borders at first opportunity and not doing the lockdown early enough, and then not enforcing the one they have. Now relaxing the lockdown whilst its rising by 6k a day is madness. Every other country is relaxing it when the numbers are dropping day by day. words fail me with the ineptitude of who ever is making these decisions. Boris should know that you can't take risks with this virus, it can get anybody however invincible you think you are

The Uk screwed up not closing the borders at first opportunity and not doing the lockdown early enough, and then not enforcing the one they have. Now relaxing the lockdown whilst its rising by 6k a day is madness. Every other country is relaxing it when the numbers are dropping day by day. words fail me with the ineptitude of who ever is making these decisions. Boris should know that you can't take risks with this virus, it can get anybody however invincible you think you are
The borders is the biggest screw up in my opinion and to be agreeing deals to allow road freight through the UK between Ireland and the EU at this time is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.