COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Uk screwed up not closing the borders at first opportunity and not doing the lockdown early enough, and then not enforcing the one they have. Now relaxing the lockdown whilst its rising by 6k a day is madness. Every other country is relaxing it when the numbers are dropping day by day. words fail me with the ineptitude of who ever is making these decisions. Boris should know that you can't take risks with this virus, it can get anybody however invincible you think you are

nothings been relaxed yet.

The first lifting of restrictions possibly on Monday will be minimal- he’s not going to announce everyone go out down the pub.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here but unfortunate to note that Italy's deaths and infections were both on the rise today. 369 dead in the space of 24 hours, 222 of which were in the Lombardy region. Rise in death toll for 3rd day in a row and highest figure in over a week.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here but unfortunate to note that Italy's deaths and infections were both on the rise today. 369 dead in the space of 24 hours, 222 of which were in the Lombardy region. Rise in death toll for 3rd day in a row and highest figure in over a week.

that really is grim.

Are these confirmed daily deaths or catch up numbers ? That's an incredible amount if it's the former.

Are these confirmed daily deaths or catch up numbers ? That's an incredible amount if it's the former.

Just the past 24 hours sadly. Source is a BBC correspondent based in Rome, someone asked him the same question and he confirmed that's just in the past day. Up from 236 yesterday which was also up on Monday's figure.

Unless people are like me and still have uncertainties.
Are the ones who can pass on the virus all of those who have been infected or just the ones.who are unaffected ie carriers.
I was referring to Karen's comments about how we have tackle this as a society in its fullest sense, i.e., the fact that younger people are less likely to die doesn't obviate them of their responsibility to help reduce infection.

When did they start relaxing lockdown? I thought it was only in the last few days. I wouldn't think that would have an impact on death figures so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.