COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the car is outside but the people aren’t. They are inside a car, an enclosed space, no different to being inside a room. Also, they would not be 2m apart.

Ffs.

Can't sit in a car together but footballers can roll round on the floor together, I can go to the dentists (enclosed space) and have him rummage round in my mouth and kids can sit in the same classroom (enclosed space) together?

Are they just taking the piss on purpose these cunts?

Did i hear right today a lot of people who have the virus still test negative?
This one is about antibody tests rather than tests to see if you have it, but it gives you an idea of the accuracy (scroll right).

I'd guess that tests to see if you currently have it are much more accurate though. But there have been a lot of dodgy test providers out there because so much of it has been made quickly with little quality control. I think almost every country has a story of some tests or equipment they bought that didn't work as scammers try to make money of the problem.

Not disagreeing with you. But many have been saying ‘why not just a wait a couple weeks’ for a long time now.
Possibly R is lower in the community excluding care homes and hospitals ( but they won't tell us the figures).
And Liberty Valance is maybe over egging the significance of the figure of new infections so we all obey the new rules ( excluding the Dom of course).

Last edited:
70% of infected people dont show symptoms. The reason why this virus is such a bugger.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/28/people-infected-coronavirus-never-show-symptoms/
I find that hard to believe tbh.

The conclusion if true (as stated in the article) would be that contact tracing would be unlikely to work, because even if you were 100% successful at identifying cases and their contacts and isolating all of them (clearly impossible) you would only be isolating 30% of infected people and their contacts. And perhaps half of that in reality.

And yet the empirical evidence from places like South Korea is that extensive testing and contact tracing does work, and in fact is incredibly effective. I cannot imagine how South Korea would have managed to keep the death toll down to 269 (they have a similar population and population density to us) if they could never identify 70% plus of infected people. That makes no sense.

I find that hard to believe tbh.

The conclusion if true (as stated in the article) would be that contact tracing would be unlikely to work, because even if you were 100% successful at identifying cases and their contacts and isolating all of them (clearly impossible) you would only be isolating 30% of infected people and their contacts. And perhaps half of that in reality.

And yet the empirical evidence from places like South Korea is that extensive testing and contact tracing does work, and in fact is incredibly effective. I cannot imagine how South Korea would have managed to keep the death toll down to 269 (they have a similar population and population density to us) if they could never identify 70% plus of infected people. That makes no sense.

From other articles about the same story it was said this was a study of 129 people so quite a small group.

"Fragile state" and "Cautious easing of lockdown" seem to be phrases totally at odds with what is actually happening.
Especially as the R trend is upwards before new relaxations.
Is there no way to geographically allow certain areas eg counties to reach next stage quicker than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.