Next Captain

Wow Aguero 3 votes? Stunned at that, I’d have him over Kev as captain if they’re both on the pitch.

If we're going the seniority route then it will be Fernandinho this year and Sergio the following year when Ferna leaves.
Aguero is the senior player - couldn’t give a fuck about age and if it’s based on age Scott bloody Carson should get it! Kun has been here the longest, leadership through individual brilliance and determination. Shocked it’s even a question really as he’s up there with Silva and Kompany as the greatest in our modern era.

As someone else said, and with all due respect to him, but if Fernandinho is playing regularly next season it’s an unmitigated disaster. He’s looked 5 years older and 10mph slower post lockdown. Sadly, he’s finished.

He could still be club captain and Kev could be team captain

No sense in that for me... Fernandinho is a wonderful player and not far outside the Kompany/Aguero/Silva/Touré bracket of club legends. He's also one of our most senior players. But that doesn't mean he should be captain.

No sense in that for me... Fernandinho is a wonderful player and not far outside the Kompany/Aguero/Silva/Touré bracket of club legends. He's also one of our most senior players. But that doesn't mean he should be captain.

Still has the most leadership skills currently in the squad

Still has the most leadership skills currently in the squad

Does he? I don't really see it personally and I'm not the only one. Remember, Pep openly doesn't care who the captain is. He seems to think it's best just to give it to the longest-serving player. I expect it to be Fernandinho this year, Aguero the year after. But personally I don't think that many changes of captaincy are good for us. We would be better off naming someone who can hold the post for four or more years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.