Next Captain

Does he? I don't really see it personally and I'm not the only one. Remember, Pep openly doesn't care who the captain is. He seems to think it's best just to give it to the longest-serving player. I expect it to be Fernandinho this year, Aguero the year after. But personally I don't think that many changes of captaincy are good for us. We would be better off naming someone who can hold the post for four or more years.

He certainly does the most leadership skills in the current squad but having a captain for four years has its problems

I think far too much weight is placed on it. KdB would be good for approaching the ref to discuss decisions. Apart from that I don't see the point in getting over excited. A leader is a leader regardless of an armband.

When I think back to 2012 you could have easily have picked Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Yaya, De Jong, Barry as captain. All had leadership qualities or varying kids.

Fast forward to now and honestly we don't really have any stand out options. Kompany was an amazing captain because he was physically imposing, aggressive, vocal and let's face it he had that ability to pull the team up. United away, the Leicester goal and even getting the team through against Liverpool. I don't see any of our team as able to do that. Of course he is irreplaceable but we need someone of that ability. I hope Koulibaly can provide that.

We desperately need more potential captains in the team. Our spine needs to have 2 or 3 clear options.

When I think back to 2012 you could have easily have picked Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Yaya, De Jong, Barry as captain. All had leadership qualities or varying kids.

Fast forward to now and honestly we don't really have any stand out options. Kompany was an amazing captain because he was physically imposing, aggressive, vocal and let's face it he had that ability to pull the team up. United away, the Leicester goal and even getting the team through against Liverpool. I don't see any of our team as able to do that. Of course he is irreplaceable but we need someone of that ability. I hope Koulibaly can provide that.

We desperately need more potential captains in the team. Our spine needs to have 2 or 3 clear options.

Zab and De Jong were mainly on the bench that season. Walker and Sterling missed off the list, Walker's winner v Newcastle in 18/19 was from the same spot as Kompany's, and Sterling is the longest serving player under 30, and could therefore lead for a few years as he has been in the England leadership group for 2 years now.

They played quite a lot of games that season though. They were part of a squad filled with captains and you have to have that mentality when you were City trying to get one over rednose

Are we expecting Pep to announce today in his presser who the new captain is? Last time around when Kompany left, he said players will chose in the dressing room and they all voted Silva so he was announced ... now that he’s gone, there’s no automatic successor as in Silva’s absence Fernandinho, Aguero and KdB all have taken the armband.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.