It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koulibaly deal seems dead now... Fucking ADL.

Jules Koundé will hopefully be a good signing but I’m still not convinced about his size. I always prefer a bigger centreback to get some aerial and ground presence. A CB should never be pushed over and Koulibaly is a rock.

Koundé is destined to lose certain aerial battles and ground duels because he doesn’t have that big frame. There’s just no way of avoiding that.

I hope he’ll bulk up.

Being a Utd supporter doesn't bother me tbh. Brennan is as well but he's always been fair. It does beg the question as to why we don't have many City fan journalists reporting on us.
I'd go as far as to say that Brennan is more than fair, he often fights our corner.

Koulibaly deal seems dead now... Fucking ADL.

Jules Koundé will hopefully be a good signing but I’m still not convinced about his size. I always prefer a bigger centreback to get some aerial and ground presence. A CB should never be pushed over and Koulibaly is a rock.

Koundé is destined to lose certain aerial battles and ground duels because he doesn’t have that big frame. There’s just no way of avoidig that.

I hope he’ll bulk up.

IMO you can't have it both ways. Height may help with aerial duels but not being a beanpole won't be adverse to ground duels where shorter players tend towards being nippier and more manouverable.

I dont understand the Kounde deal? i thought we wanted a leader at CB with experience, instead we are signing a player whos 21 years of age and an amazing prospect, But not really a leader.

I dont understand the Kounde deal? i thought we wanted a leader at CB with experience, instead we are signing a player whos 21 years of age and an amazing prospect, But not really a leader.

well , the telegraph article which I posted states , city in principal won't overpay if they feel it is over priced - which has been the case for sanchez , maguire etc.

They clearly feel that for KK and ofcourse the history with the dick ADL is a factor for sure

So hopefully turns out the same way as it did when we "failed" to get Sanchez , Maguire and Jorginho.

Think the height thing is being overly looked into. Football has changed and i can't think of many old style center forwards who like to bully CD's as there once were (Kane/Carroll exceptions?).

IMO you can't have it both ways. Height may help with aerial duels but not being a beanpole won't be adverse to ground duels where shorter players tend towards being nippier and more manouverable.

I would normally agree but VVD and Koulibaly are prime examples of being both.
But as we know, something other than height is what make players win duels. Ramos is amazing in the air and he’s 183, so I guess there’s hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.