Not open for further replies.
Scottish data first

1 death v 0 last wk and 0 wk before

993 cases v 961 last wk and 697 wk before

362 in Greater Glasgow, 294 Lanarkshire, 122 Lothian, 57 Ayr

At 17.1% positive v 17.0% last wk v 12.8% wk before

In hospital 754 (up 40 in day) v 527 last wk v 262 wk before

On ventilatrs 61 (-2) v 36 last wk v 22 wk before

You are very good at what you do, and Im really grateful for the work you put in. But if you refer to Ayrshire as Ayr one more time...

She is being asked about a teacher who was tested on Friday and told the result would be back in 48 hours and was told today it might be another week before it comes back. So he cannot do his job now for up to two weeks as he waits

It is really worrying that our testing is still in places a chaotic mess as we approach winter.

I wasn't denying there was an impact, just wanted to know where you got the figures you quoted from as I like to fact check what im reading. neither of those links provide the values you gave.
The CQC is choc-full of the values and the Salford study can easily be extrapolated. I will admit that I took a short cut with the DM and they do have a history of not
Before the last decade, NHS hospital beds were halving every 20 years or so IIRC. The cumulative reduction on beds may have gone too far (although much of the reduction tied in with reduced patient lengths of stay and more care taking place in communities). German hospitals tend to have spare calcite for emergencies.
Don’t forget though, that a ’bed‘ is only a bed if it is staffed. Vacancies are running at about 9% nationally, because we wouldn‘t train enough staff. The paper you quote says there is frequently over 100% occupancy of beds, which is palpably ridiculous. One thing I hope we get from Covid is a willingness to plan better for the future and improve the NHS so it isn’t operating above 85% most of the time.

You are very good at what you do, and Im really grateful for the work you put in. But if you refer to Ayrshire as Ayr one more time...
Sorry - I am posting it as she speaks and Nicola speaks fast!!! That's the reason I am abbreviating.

I do appreciate this - in the same way Greater Manchester is NOT Manchester - which the media simplify it to all the time when they do not actually mean it.

We know what they mean but it still rankles.

a
Just some of the schools in Stockport that currently have classes/year groups in isolation due to positive cases:

• St Winifred’s RC Primary, Heaton Mersey
  • Didsbury Road Primary School, Stockport - (Year 1)
  • Adswood Primary, Stockport - (Year 1, Year 2, one class from Y5/6)
  • Cheadle Hulme Primary School, Stockport - (Two classes from Year 2)
  • Cheadle Hulme School, Cheadle Hulme - (Cases confirmed in Years 8, 12 and 13)
  • Broadstone Hall Primary, Stockport - (One class from Year 3 and one class from Year 6)
  • Gatley Primary School, Stockport - (Reception)
  • St Anne's RC High, Stockport - (Year 11)
  • The Kingsway School, Stockport - (Confirmed cases)
  • Great Moor Junior School, Stockport - (Year 3)
  • Werneth School, Stockport - (Confirmed case in Year 7, bubble of 80 students isolating)
  • Marple Hall School, Stockport - (Year 8)
  • Cheadle Hulme High School, Stockport - (Two confirmed cases, plus confirmed case in sixth form)
  • Priestnall School, Stockport - (Year 8)
  • Stockport School, Stockport - (Confirmed case, 19 students isolating)
  • St James' Catholic High, Cheadle - (Years 8, 9, 10 and 11)
  • Ludworth Primary, Marple Bridge - (Case confirmed, Reception isolating along with some Year 1s, some Year 2s and a Year 4 class)
  • Bridge Hall Primary, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Valley School, Stockport - (Staff member isolating)
  • Bolshaw Primary, Stockport - (Year 5/6)
  • Thorn Grove Primary, Cheadle Hulme - (One Year 5 class isolating)
  • Cale Green Primary School, Stockport - (Confirmed case)
  • Harrytown Catholic High School, Stockport - (Year 11)
  • Hazel Grove High School, Stockport - (Two cases confirmed, including one staff member. Some Year 8s isolating)
  • Vale View Primary, Stockport - (Reception, Year 1 and Year 5)
  • St Joseph's Catholic Primary, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Rose Hill Primary, Marple - (Case confirmed)
  • Pownall Green Primary School, Stockport - (Confirmed case)
  • Bramhall High, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Etchells Primary, Stockport - (School closed to all years)
  • Vernon Park Primary, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Reddish Vale High, Stockport - (Case confirmed in Year 11, close contacts isolating)
  • Castle Hill High, Offerton, Stockport - (Case confirmed in Year 12)
my mrs is a teacher in the same authority as Etchells and the shits going to hit the fan there. Having to close the whole school after a situation that at best was fuckin stupid, or at worse criminal.
Be surprised if jobs arent lost.

and just to add, her school
Isnt on their. Not a single case as yet

I see 57 year old Yasmin Qureshi, MP for Bolton South East has been hospitalised with Covid-19.
Well done Andy Burnham for playing politics.
You’re not really suggesting she wouldn’t have been in hospital if Manchester had gone into tier 3 last Friday, are you? In fact, hasn’t Bolton been in some form of lockdown for months?

Haha, I was jesting. Trying to bring a little bit of humour to a really grim subject. Really appreciate your work.

(But seriously, don't do that again ;))

I know you were. Dont worry. But I will try to remember tomorrow!!!

I used to live on the Wirral and my hubby was one who fought to get the Liverpool postcode removed and replaced by a Chester one instead. And he was a Liverpool fan. But it was impacting on home insurance prices being assumed to be one and the same as there.

Mind you Greater Manchester was almost called Selnec to avoid this issue of being'swamped' by Manchester so it can sometimes be good to just accept it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.