Everton (A) | Game Postponed

As usual l have one question.

WHAT IF a team in red had been in the same position as us and acted the same way?
The media would be singing their praises for them doing the right thing and avoiding further spread of the disease and complaining that it is wrong for teams to have to travel into tier 4 areas that have most cases of the virulent new mutation.

I agree, you probably have. I have no issue with the postponement.

The issue is the lack of transparency from the Prem about how the decision was made.

We can't have matches being called off just hours in advance without the host club having a clue as to what is going on.
So you reckon the PL rang up or e-mailed Everton saying the match was being postponed and good bye.

The key word, “whilst”.
Yep. It’s not often Everton get it wrong with their PR. They swerved the CAS thing for a start and they come over well in other matters, usually with a good dose of common sense.

Their statement today though was poorly judged. There’s a global pandemic where hospitalisations in the UK are higher than when this thing first kicked off.

To me it looks like the PL need to reconsider their Covid protocols if they want the league to carry on with increased testing, reduced celebrations etc because with Newcastle before us it’s only going downhill from here looking at the national picture.

If Stone and Neville are so knowlegable why dont they know the rules ? Orients forfeit happened in the 4th round...I suggest they read the rules especially 5.1.....as follows
rule 5.1 of the carabao cup if a team cannot fulfil the fixture they would forfeit the tie ,
Yet that is not set to happen for next week's semi-final, even if it cannot take place as scheduled.
EFL Cup laws state that the rule forcing clubs to withdraw from the competition if they cannot fulfil a fixture was only in place until the fourth round.
That means the semi-final will likely be rearranged if its postponed
They have already put the final back until middle of April instead of March , so what is the urgency ? But you can bet the pressure will be building in the next week for us to do the right thing and give the game to the Rags , and Chuckle brothers will be at the forefront, with able support from boyhood Everton fan and sidekick "Spit".

Don't understand this insinuation we've somehow forced the postponement to our advantage. Everton have a depleted squad, key players out and the lack of rest between games is more detrimental to them than us. Even with 5 players out with covid we would have been better playing the game tonight in terms of chances to win.

When it happens to other clubs as it almost inevitably will in the next few weeks I wonder if the same morons will be saying the same things?

Best thing to do now is to go into a Self imposed suspension of the league before its imposed by the government and cancel the euros which should have been done last summer.

Don't say he flew in for it lol.
I flew over for that B Monchen GB Chumps league, remember that little rain storm. Drove four hours to get there, first time in the new Stadium...postponed. Well at least I can get a pint while I’m here....no alcohol. Four hr drive back to Northants. Never even got my ticket refunded.
Thought I’d stay fot the Bournemouth game at the weekend, what could go wrong? Meeting @Bigg Bigg Blue and @Blue Mist is What. I had to buy all their beer for the day and after the game (Bigg anyway, Musty’s a light weight)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.