Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been notified I've tested positive , which isn't a surprise as my wife has been ill with covid, so has my daughter, but we are waiting for her results :(
Get well soon.
Vit D (lots) + Vit C / Zinc now for all adults.
Vit D in active form starts to kick in after 5 days or so.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much longer the virus is able to live in the cold weather? A Dr mentioned it today but didn't mention a timeframe. I think originally we were told the virus could survive for 3 or 4 days, but now the cold weather is really here it seems it can survive longer on surfaces etc.

I was trying to emphasise the seriousness of the situation. Many people still think this is no worse than flu or some worldwide conspiracy
I didn’t think you have shared any info that would be a shock to most people. There are going to be more deaths (there are medics on the radio every night saying this) and Simon Stephen and Chris Whitty said as much in the recent press conference. If mortuaries are full then other places will be used to store bodies eg airport hangers or somewhere else more appropriate.

I am no fan of rules, even at the best of times, but I’m prepared to see out most of the next couple of months in my house. I’m just glad that there is the occasional relied from the pandemic eg this is a great weekend of FA Cup football on the TV.

Does anyone know how much longer the virus is able to live in the cold weather? A Dr mentioned it today but didn't mention a timeframe. I think originally we were told the virus could survive for 3 or 4 days, but now the cold weather is really here it seems it can survive longer on surfaces etc.
3 weeks!

What the flying fck has happened in Ireland???

Nothing except the usual half wits who can't get it into their head that you really arent supposed to go partying from house to house in the midst of a pandemic.
The cases have stabilised and dropped slightly , the hospital admissions will rise for another week due to the lag. Their not just at breaking point yet plus they have taking 40% of the private hospital capacity as a buffer.
Here are the real daily numbers. https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/api/swabs/
I'm not sure if the UK has a similar resource .

I don’t understand why people are surprised it’s busier than the first lockdown, everyone is in work!
Exactly right. Apart from pubs, restaurants, "inessential shops", barbers and arts, what's actually THAT much different to pre-Covid times ?

Supermarkets still full, councils still running services, folk moving house, garages still fixing cars, cranes still operating, takeaways still open, schools open, football etc. etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.