Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn away people with no masks and who don’t sanitise their hands from supermarkets. No mask, no entry; won’t sanitise your hands at the door, see ya! If you can’t wear a mask for medical reasons you cannot go in and must only get your food delivered to home.

Turned away from the supermarket if you’re not on your own and the person with you isn’t a carer or a parent with their kid(s). Groups of teenagers should be told to fuck right off, as should couples who seem to think the supermarket is a nice place to go for a stroll together while it’s lockdown.

Fines should be handed out to parents of teenagers who are congregating outdoors or in supermarkets (teenagers in supermarkets seems to be a bit of a ‘thing’ now, hanging around the car park for hours or even going inside in groups).

Close non-essential shops. I mean, they’re supposed to be closed anyway but Costa and Starbucks seem to be given a special status of essential businesses during this lockdown, what the fuck’s that about? Queues out the door when I’ve walked past after work this week. How is coffee from massive chains essential when local small business coffee shops are closed?

No meeting anyone from another household for exercise outdoors. Even go as far as a period of 10-14 days where nobody is allowed to leave home to exercise. Too many people are coming into close contact with other people. Similar to isolating, it’ll help bring numbers down somewhat.

Parents who can’t be arsed with their kids at home while they’re working from home should be told to fuck off by schools when they’re trying to dump their kids on the school pretending they’re a key worker.

January Vocational exams should have been cancelled outright from Monday. I’ve had kids in exam rooms this week during a new faster spreading strain of a pandemic when we’re supposed to be in lockdown (although we have now given them an option not to attend if they can’t or don’t want).

Bosses should be letting employees work from home if they can, not making them come into work and see if they can get away with it.

Cancel all intercontinental sports. No internationals, no Champions League. People shouldn’t be crossing borders at the moment. And none of this fucking travelling to Dubai like our women’s team have.

Hypothetical question time.

Say we had unlimited hospital capacity, do you think we’d still have restrictions in place to save lives or would they just let it run through?...

They’d have restrictions right?

right?...
That’s a great question. I would say there would be restrictions

Disgusting
Its not.

the only greater measures they could do is to literally say that it is banned for businesses to operate. Ie. Not work from home unless absolutely necessary but if you can’t work from home you’re not allowed.

That’s the only way that you can see less “people traffic”.

the result would be thousands of businesses fold. The knock on effect would see far greater deaths long term so yes the lives of those many more are worth more collectively than the lesser number of additional people that could be save today.

there is a reason why lockdown isn’t extended in this way (it is accepted by the decision makers that this would swing the balance too far).

so perhaps you believe they who have made the decision disgusting not me

Turn away people with no masks and who don’t sanitise their hands from supermarkets. No mask, no entry; won’t sanitise your hands at the door, see ya! If you can’t wear a mask for medical reasons you cannot go in and must only get your food delivered to home.

Turned away from the supermarket if you’re not on your own and the person with you isn’t a carer or a parent with their kid(s). Groups of teenagers should be told to fuck right off, as should couples who seem to think the supermarket is a nice place to go for a stroll together while it’s lockdown.

Fines should be handed out to parents of teenagers who are congregating outdoors or in supermarkets (teenagers in supermarkets seems to be a bit of a ‘thing’ now, hanging around the car park for hours or even going inside in groups).

Close non-essential shops. I mean, they’re supposed to be closed anyway but Costa and Starbucks seem to be given a special status of essential businesses during this lockdown, what the fuck’s that about? Queues out the door when I’ve walked past after work this week. How is coffee from massive chains essential when local small business coffee shops are closed?

No meeting anyone from another household for exercise outdoors. Even go as far as a period of 10-14 days where nobody is allowed to leave home to exercise. Too many people are coming into close contact with other people. Similar to isolating, it’ll help bring numbers down somewhat.

Parents who can’t be arsed with their kids at home while they’re working from home should be told to fuck off by schools when they’re trying to dump their kids on the school pretending they’re a key worker.

January Vocational exams should have been cancelled outright from Monday. I’ve had kids in exam rooms this week during a new faster spreading strain of a pandemic when we’re supposed to be in lockdown (although we have now given them an option not to attend if they can’t or don’t want).

Bosses should be letting employees work from home if they can, not making them come into work and see if they can get away with it.

Cancel all intercontinental sports. No internationals, no Champions League. People shouldn’t be crossing borders at the moment. And none of this fucking travelling to Dubai like our women’s team have.
Agree. This still isn’t being taken seriously enough, you’d have thought we’d have learnt by now. The NHS is on its knees and it’s only going to get worse.

Some people live as if ‘lockdown’ only exists to inconvenience them. Like it’s red tape that needs to be circumvented. It’s to save lives, and we are letting far too many die. I dread to think what the hospital bed availability will be in another week or two, never mind in a month.

Supermarkets really need to get their shit together. No mask. No exception. No shop. They really do need to be taken to task over this.
As others have said, families wandering around doing fuck all. I was behind a young couple using a trolley each as a stroller for the kids. The kids were the only fucking thing in the trolleys.
This hands-off approach is doing no one any favours.
Don't even get me started on the reduced section. It's like a fucking bear pit in my local Morrisons.

think in the first lockdown they said you had to shop alone unless you absolutely couldn’t. They don’t seem to be saying that now or pushing that message. Stupid really, but supermarkets aren’t arsed either way who is in there. I go in Aldi near me and virtually none of the staff have a mask on.

Of course, for those that are breaking the rules, the problem is the police seem to be going after the easy targets (two women having a take away drink in the park, 4 officers at a time approaching lone people sat on a park bench) who are not causing any risk rather than those who are actually breaking the rules/substantially breaking the rules. Derbyshire police spoke about the “spirit” of the rules when trying to justify an unjustified fine. It’s a strict liability offence. You can’t break the spirit of the rules. They have now climbed down. This is the second time they have been embarassed after the drone footage in lockdown 1 of walkers who “distanced too much”. With police acting like wallys like this it’s hardly going to convince anyone that does ignore the rules to comply.

in terms of masks, they do appear to be of greater benefit in some circumstances rather than others. I don’t see the benefit outdoors (expect perhaps city centre high streets when they are actually open) like some seem to.

but even if I didn’t agree, I wouldn’t dream of not wearing one if that was the rule.

Supermarkets really need to get their shit together. No mask. No exception. No shop. They really do need to be taken to task over this.
As others have said, families wandering around doing fuck all. I was behind a young couple using a trolley each as a stroller for the kids. The kids were the only fucking thing in the trolleys.
This hands-off approach is doing no one any favours.
Don't even get me started on the reduced section. It's like a fucking bear pit in my local Morrisons.
Supermarkets are a fucking nightmare lots with no masks so many just dawdling as if on a day trip.

Maybe the people who have no mask are exempt, if that's the case there should be a national exemption card to carry about.

It would be good if the supermarkets could allow only certain people within an age range at certain hours, eg vulnerable elderly people.

Have no idea how it could be implamated,, maybe it's a bad idea i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.