Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 1,564 coronavirus deaths have been reported in the UK - the highest daily figure since the pandemic began following the late addition of some data going as far back as May.

The previous highest increase was 1,325, which was reported on 8 January.

It takes the total number of deaths within 28 days of a positive COVID-19 test to 84,767.

I have what I think is a simple COVID related question but I'm going wrong somewhere on google because I can't find the simple answer. I don't doubt it will be on the thread somewhere So help appreciated from the experts here :)

My daughter, who lives with me, was tested positive and our respective self-isolation ends shortly. She is fine now and returns to an office based NHS job at the weekend where there is the inevitable risk of further exposure to COVID.

Is it a case she would have to catch it again (presumably very low chance in the shorter term ) for her to be able to infect me?

Awful death toll, but the national caseload continues below 50,000 for the third day in a row.

Which continues to suggest this new variant can be suppressed with lockdown measures, something by no means certain when it first emerged. So the vaccination programme has a good chance of catching up with the virus before it has the chance to burn through the whole population.

Those numbers are truly horrific a full lockdown is needed asap
I agree. I think I was just expressing my frustration that this thread saw this coming for weeks and the nation just sat and watched as nothing happened as if it was just inevitable.

It felt as if the decision was it was easier to remind we should just be careful out there like in Hill Street Blues without mentioning the rapists, maniacs, gunmen they might encounter as that was a given every day.

As a society we have been led into just being frustrated and fed up and aware on some level this is a terrible disease but it likely is not going to impact on ourselves so we can just inch by inch take steps that tread across the boundaries and turn them into yards and miles as time goes by.

Maybe that is just what people have to do when an apocalypse looms - hope for the best and assume there is not much we can do to stop it anyway and hope Bruce Willis is ready to save the day.

Perhaps that is where we are. In the hands of fate as no leader could have done a thing about this.

And the more you know about the data and question if that is actually true the harder it is to accept what looks like sleepwalking towards the edge of a cliff and watching it happen.

So I apologise if it looked like I was blaming those on here. I wasn't really.

Sometimes it perhaps is wise not to know what is coming as when you do there lies the path to madness.

No doubt Whitty and co would’ve strongly recommended sooner action, but they are only advisers. If the govt fail to take that advice, what can you do? Some people should end up in court, once this is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.