Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason as to why? I thought we already secured millions
Last I read was that we have the vaccines but its actually a shortage of the glass vials they go into that is a bottle neck.

plus "securing" millions means we have bought them, doesn't mean they are actually here yet. could still be getting produced.

world vaccines are going to be like buying a PS5 soon.

It was talked about in the first wave , women are faring a lot worse in this wave according to the ONS
Yes, that is true Kaz. I looked at the data myself. I think partly as men are more likely to be smokers and that is a huge risk. And that women live longer on average and so the proportion of women over 80 is much higher and higher than it was pre the cull of the men in the first wave.

Any reason as to why? I thought we already secured millions

"Secured" yes, as in committed to by the supplier, but not necessarily bulk manufactured, filled in to vials, tested and released into the supply chain.

There doesn't seem to be any transparency on what the true status on those steps are. Talk is that the testing is currently the bottleneck, but I've no idea what the reality is.

I would not be surprised if there are hiccoughs in supply from all of these manufacturers - scaling up in such a rapid fashion is not easy.

The prime minister is asked about a new Brazilian variant of coronavirus and says ministers are "very concerned" about it.

He adds there are "lots of questions" still to be answered about the new variant, including whether it is vaccine resistant

Boris Johnson is in front of the liaison committee and faces his first question from Jeremy Hunt, the chair of the health and social care committee, who asks about the current situation in the NHS.

Mr Johnson says the "strain is colossal" on hospitals with "very considerable" pressure.

He adds the "risk is very substantial" of intensive care capacity being exceeded, as he urges people to follow the lockdown rules

Liaison commitee today

Last I read was that we have the vaccines but its actually a shortage of the glass vials they go into that is a bottle neck.

I think (but don't know) that's a misunderstanding. It's not the number of vials but the capacity to fill them which is the issue, I think. It's contracted to a firm in Wrexham for the UK, and to dozens of similar firms worldwide. You can imagine that validating processes at dozens of sites simultaneously is not easy.

Everyone is numb to it. Quick look around social media, hardly anyone is arsed. Absolutely insane.

plus "securing" millions means we have bought them, doesn't mean they are actually here yet. could still be getting produced.

world vaccines are going to be like buying a PS5 soon.
I posted that problem in here a week or two ago but it was flat out denied if I recall. So I never pursued it.

We will see soon whether it was cock up, cover up or false story leaked via the media.

Frankly these days anything could be any of those things.

I think (but don't know) that's a misunderstanding. It's not the number of vials but the capacity to fill them which is the issue, I think. It's contracted to a firm in Wrexham for the UK, and to dozens of similar firms worldwide. You can imagine that validating processes at dozens of sites simultaneously is not easy.

Yeah the logistics of this are immense. and only going to get more complex as more countries jump on them and the supply chains get stretched.

there is only a finite manufacturing capacity and 7bn people all demanding it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.