10 years ago today....

Certainly was , surprisingly enough most of them fucked off after the game , a few of us walked back to Harrow I think after the game , saw a group of the mib afterwards eyeing up a pub full of blues celebrating, when they worked out the numbers they fucked off rapidly , sums them up. As for the game I’m still surprised my heart took it , never felt as ill in my life for the last ten minutes.
late in the game a copper stood in the gangway next to my seat the met number on his shoulder 1976 some things are meant be

I went to the semi on Garry cook's family tickets. Wasn't in the posh seats, but was sat next to his wife's tennis teacher or something I think.

Never met him, but at the time I was living in the states coaching swimming for the 10-16 year old age group at a big US swimming club. A 15 year old kid came up to me one day whilst I was in a city top and told me his aunt was married to the CEO of city. Laughed in his face, but got talking and his mum's sister was married to Garry cook (I think, been a decade and I moved back to the UK in Jan 2012 so lost contact).

I was due to fly back to the UK and watch us play spurs at the etihad that spring so jokingly asked for a ticket with Gary and kaldoon. His mum called me that night to say she would see what she could do. I wasn't too bothered as I had access to tickets with family anyway, but she ended up calling back and saying I'd be sitting near club officials so i'd need a suit. Not my idea of how I want to watch football but I was really grateful and excited.

Once we made it to the semi, that spurs match got moved and I was pretty disappointed as there was no way any family would be giving up their loyalty points and I didn't feel comfortable asking the kid's mum to try and swing Wembley tickets (she wasn't really familiar with football outside of her relationship to cook). I told her thanks but the fixture was moved. Called me back in half an hour and told me the cook's had two semi family tickets left and I could have them. Seats ended up being on the first tier on the half way line Infront of the press box. Not really posh seats but a section clearly set aside for corporate s with connections to city. Did the Poznan with cook's wife's tennis coach after Yaya scored!

Cook's wife phoned me to ask if I had a good time after the match. Don't really remember as I was pissed but she was nice and down to earth. I know they're divorced now, but I've a lot of time for the cooks despite that and his later indiscretions.

Been to Wembley a dozen times since but it's my favourite and has the best story even without the historic result.

Was it wio that said Mario was disrespectful for celebrating infront of the rag fans. When the fimlnal whistle went I thought Mario just celebrated and didnt move towards the rags. Wio being a soft arsed hardman wannabe pissed off with losing.

Was it wio that said Mario was disrespectful for celebrating infront of the rag fans. When the fimlnal whistle went I thought Mario just celebrated and didnt move towards the rags. Wio being a soft arsed hardman wannabe pissed off with losing.
It was just the way that Man United team were -arrogant and aggressive. Bad losers.

I will never forget what Ferdinand tweeted that morning. "I feel like a kid on Christmas morning" it was.

By that evening Santa had come down his chimney, trashed his living room, shagged his wife and left a turd on the rug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.