The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
We could gain some huge brownie points back by coming out in support of PL, FA and UEFA competitions by rejecting this proposal though. That's what is so staggering to me. We have an open net here.

It's too late. A bit like Liverpool backtracking after a certain club leaked they were furloughing staff after revealing record turnover...

City would go up hugely in neutral fans views if they came out and backed uefa and distanced themselves from this,do people actually think these bunch of cnuts would be missed in terms of sponsorship revenue and viewing figures in the champions league,but without these shithouses there is plenty of other teams to take their place in the champions league fuck this off now City ..
To be fair though (and it's only seeing it in black and white in your post that it has struck me), even if we weren't aligned on the breakaway on what planet are we going to publicly support UEFA given how many times our reputation has been dragged through the mud?

Funny how this comes out the day Juventus lose to Atalanta, to be hanging on to 4th and in danger of not qualifying for next season.
Problem city have got is that UEFA have tried to shaft them for years and many of the clubs behind it, are the ones pushing for this, so they’re between a rock and a hard place..

The journalist did say City agreed in principle? might be hope still yet

The American owner greed, Perez and Agnelli are in the driver seat of that. Others just do not want to loose out on this I guess - and do not have the fan policies like the German clubs have. Bayern and the German clubs are fan owned - the pressure of the German fans is bigger than the greed. Paris has the big connections to FIFA and UEFA - the World Cup in mind.

Players would be banned from UEFA and FIFA competitions.

I think that would partially die in court. There's been cases before CAS where banning someone from all international competition was called restriction of trade.

So I would expect they'd be in international games within a year.

The big thing is the league competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.