The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I'm not as against this as everybody else. I'm not entirely convinced by it but I don't think it's a disgusting outrage either.

Firstly let's get real for a moment. Football has been broken since the 1990s. People talk like we're in the 1960s where all the clubs could have a similar chance of competition. We aren't and we haven't been for decades. A Leicester could happen once but the idea that you can build a sustainable challenger to the league using your academy, good management and transfer guile is farcical. United saw to that many years ago - to compete you need a billionaire to invest in you. That's the broken part, by the way. That you need that to begin with. The English game has been financially lopsided and killed competition 20 years ago.

So the competitive morality out of the way, we look at other things such as what will happen to poor Stoke and Burnley? Nothing, presumably. More to the point, I give as much of a fuck for their future as they did for us when we were going bankrupt. My emotions are tied to Man City and whats best for them.

The Super League is what's best for City. As a founding member, we're now one of the big boys forever. If there's a revolution in the UAE tomorrow and Shiekh Mansour/his family is deposed and he's forced to sell the club then its no problem. We're in the tent pissing out, permanently. The fact that we get to fuck UEFA on the way past is icing on the cake.

My only actual concern here is for the fans. It sounds like potentially 18 European away games to the final and you just know that the Final is more likely to be in Beijing than Birmingham. Affordability is going to be a significant issue and it's the only thing that's making me doubt it. If the club did something like a European equivalent of subsidised coaches then I'd be happier with it.

But yeah. It guarantees our post UAE future, it establishes us as one of the world's biggest clubs, it fucks UEFA, it will be the competition all the biggest players want to play in, it will earn us fucking bank, what's not to like?
For as long as there are fans like this this shit will be allowed to happen. I’ve seen the same with a small percentage of fan bases in the US where NFL teams have relocated.

Of course it's all about money. It is for the clubs and it is for the players. Pretty much everyone in football is greedy these days. No-one does it for the love of the club.

With a few exceptions like Komps, Zab etc., we've had plenty of pure greed amongst the playing staff for years who play purely for the money and only for a lot if it.

Football players being paid £12m+ a year is also disgusting.

47 people who don't give a fuck about football. Don't care about its history, it's traditions and how it's those things that made football the greatest sport in the world.

It's the history and traditions that enabled fans to dream that their club, no matter where it came from, no matter their current situation, could one day reach the top.

To those 47 (so far).... you're absolute wankers.

Its and end to competition. The premier league cant stand for it and the 6 franchises should be fucked out, completely and removed from the F.A registration

Wont happen. The Premier League and the TV companies cannot afford to lose those 6 clubs. They account for the majority of revenue and TV audiences for the league, the Premier League will strike a deal with them. The clubs hold all the aces with their respected leagues

Whose ready for football kits to start looking like this with every inch covered in sponsorships?

cda31c415a0f4834870e124e28edc027.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.