The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
PSG chairman is on the UEFA board so its tricky for them but I think they will eventually follow suit. In Germany they have the 50 plus 1 rule which means 49% of the club is owned by the fans so it would have to go to a vote. Only RB Leipzig don't have that rule as they are owned by Red Bull so I can see them joining

Bayern are so joining this... just keeping their heads down for now because of the political hurdles ahead of them.

47 people who don't give a fuck about football. Don't care about its history, it's traditions and how it's those things that made football the greatest sport in the world.

It's the history and traditions that enabled fans to dream that their club, no matter where it came from, no matter their current situation, could one day reach the top.

To those 47 (so far).... you're absolute wankers.
Why get personal? I'm one of those 47. There is no need to get personal.

So I fully expect the PL to fall into line....as soon as their cut is agreed with the new superleague....likewise FIFA. This is clearly aimed at getting rid of UEFA.....

It’s clear that City’s board are cowards and we’re terrified of being left behind. What they don’t seem to realise, or care about, is that City fans, the lifeblood of the club, would RATHER be left behind. They have destroyed any connection between us and them that was left.

They are putting out an armagedon scenario, we wont get kicked out of the league,the other clubs can't afford to, but the no competition is shit for the rest of the league,it was hard enough for the others to compete with the bigger clubs, now it will be impossible, same top 6 every year, Where's the dream
A pointless top 6. The only place anyone is playing for is coming first now and that’s 100% guaranteed to be one of these top 6 so it’s immediately turned the PL into an absolute sham. The one thing that made the PL great was it’s competitiveness and over the years had 7/8 different winners and teams like Leicester, wolves, west ham etc battling for top 4 and getting a piece of that lucrative pie. All fucking destroyed in one greedy swoop and we fucking sit right in the middle of it. Shameful day.

I’m trying not to avoid the knee jerk reaction, but current thoughts are that’s me done. 40 years a season ticket and it feels like a marriage that’s over, the club has changed, we’ve grown apart and I don’t like where they’re going.
That statement on club website is sickening. My club using quotes from the likes of Agnelli, Perez, and Joel fucking Glazer in an official statement hurts me and tells me all I need to know. These bastards wanted us out, they sought to ban us and they fed lies to the media about us. We literally had to go court to clear our name, and then we just climb into bed with them?
No,I don’t think I can get over that. This is not City any more and I’m absolutely gutted.

I respect this opinion but I want you to sit in the cold light of day and think - what were the options put in front of us that we should have taken?

If we pick to not go, we're essentially relegating ourselves to the standard of team currently in the Europa League at best. We'll get some decent players in and we could have a go maybe at the league on a fluke season but we don't play in the biggest competition so we'll always be behind the top clubs. No Pep, no De Bruyne, no Haaland or Messi or Kane.

The decision was this - do you want a morality that harks for a competitive standard that hasn't existed for 30 years or do you want trophies, top players and big games?

Because there's the biggest rub in all of this - this isn't the death of competition. Competition hasn't existed in the Premier League for decades. Why purposely limit the potential of the club to chase not just an idea of morality but a totally false one that doesn't even exist?

I feel like a lot of you are facing the battles that I have already mentally faced in 2008 when Sheikh Mansour took over. We were to become a global club, one of the biggest in the world, and we would eventually be the people who were doing the smooth talking in the hallways of UEFA. I settled with the idea that a globalised Man City was what we were and celebrated the idea that our club could become something akin to a New York Yankees or Barcelona or Chicago Bulls. An instantly recognisable symbol of excellence in their sport.

Agnelli, Perez, Glazer, etc, they're business men. They want us in it because the league will generate significantly more money with us in it. Football has always been a competition in the boardroom as much as it is on the pitch. I'm not really pissed at this. They tried to stop us and they couldn't so they invite us to the group to get some reflected glory. Was always going to happen; what's that quote about how they laugh at you first? Our boys in the boardroom are savvy operators and they'll know that these guys wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire but they need them.

My point being that you should try to think about this and let the details come out. City aren't dead nor have they changed, they're just potentially playing in a different European competition. The people there are all the same as they were yesterday. Phil Foden still has a shit fringe. Almost all the complaints I've seen about this are about what "might" happen. Cheerleaders (?!), no away fans, a bunch of literal shit like that. People are overreacting. Let's see what it looks like before we start throwing away 40 years of support - it's not even been a day yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.