The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
And the next move after this?

A world league? Franchises? Clubs moving to another city, maybe even another country?
Who knows, but the clubs moving bit won't happen. The floodgates for this particular change opened when the First Division became the Premier League, and the money that came with it. Yes the promotion/relegation was left in place, but it was still a monumental change.
There is an irony here where we are concerned. We welcomed the Sheikh and his money to propel us to levels nobody ever thought we could reach naturally. We are included in this as a result of that. But now people complain??

It's the history and traditions that enabled fans to dream that their club, no matter where it came from, no matter their current situation, could one day reach the top.

*As long as you were taken over by a Gulf State or other type of billionaire who could invest in your club over and above the limits set by your competitors and could then take the European governing body to court and win.

Think you're missing a bit there. The game you are talking about hasn't existed for decades. There's no dream. Or rather, the "dream" is to pumped full of money from outside football in order to compete. You are not living in the current reality of what football is.

It undoubtedly is, given that the stories are they hadn't got their way over a key proposal around commercial revenue in the about-to-be-agreed new CL format. So a small voice in me says wait and see, as breakaway threats have been used many times before. And also that we might be in this mainly in order to piss on their chips, as someone obviously leaked this & we've seemingly used Ziegler before.

But these threats have never gone as far as this, at least as far as UEFA are concerned. We've seen the introduction of the Premier League of course, which the FA implicitly backed then found that the clubs it thought it had got onside were in fact not interested in them as an ally.

We could have gone to a point where we put out a statement saying that we were invited to join but had no intention of doing business with these clubs, who'd tried everything to stop us getting richer while trying to line their own pockets. That would have been powerful in my view.

Bit we went ahead and put our name to this, which I'm deeply ashamed of, but not wholly surprised at sadly. The line's been drawn now as far as I, and I'm sure others, are concerned.

City till I die? We fucking died when that statement went on the OS.
Not that the club will give a flying fuck but will you and the other City Matters reps resign as a point of principle?

This tweet kind of reinforces my earlier point, even in this league it's skewed in favour of the old elite clubs

Let me start by saying what City are doing is abhorrent. The whole outrage from fans and the written media is commendable but will count for fuck all in the grand scheme of things. The faux outrage from uefa and the respective leagues is laughable, they are the cause of the whole mess, how they let a cartel control governing procedures and the distribution of the wealth. Now when the greed of these clubs and mis management have left some on the brink with debt that is now not sustainable they are now looking at shafting the hands that overfed them. I've no sympathy for uefa and sky etc. It's us the fans with long and somewhat local connection that will suffer and this is only the beginning. The platforms these games will be shown will be many, online and streamed services, Amazon will be in on this. Believe me this whole venture may not happen now but this is definitely a toe in the water exercise for when it will.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.