The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
National legislators, and national leagues and FAs.

Seen Sky quoting rules that ESL entrants would be infringing by joining.

My hope is that City are just keeping options open and maybe arent committed.

National legislators won't do anything.

The teams need permission in theory from the Premier League but that may be contestable in court and the Premier League can't afford to lose its Big Six clubs so they may well have to capitulate, which is why City had to join the Rat Pack.

This is just so wrong and I am so disappointed with my club being part of the founders. Some are saying that they had to make a choice and decided that this is the better option. I await the full story to their decision if it’s ever revealed.

So much has been written about this in the previous 500+ pages and I cannot keep up! This may have been mentioned before and it is only a small part of the emotion of watching football, but the ESL is going to remove those times during a competition when it all boils down to a moment or a particular match. The lesser side overturning the better side and then perhaps the better side clawing it all back. Under the new set up, if I understand correctly, this is of no consequence, you lose, shrug your shoulders and do all over again next time. Its the Harlem Globetrotters, its the exhibition snooker matches. There’ll be endless add breaks, matches around the world, all for show and no passion. Next the teams will all have new names, it will never end for the marketing men.

Cowards. If they are too scared to face their own fans about this then it tells you everything you need to know. They know we don't want this and they don't care. They'll go radio silent, get everything all signed and then reappear to say it's too late to change our minds now.
Bastards aren't they.

I thought some people might have been happy with telling Uefa to do one and starting a new competition. The problem is, it seems to be motivated by money, but isn't all sport nowadays?

I wonder who is providing the finance for this ?

Can anyone think of someone with oodles of cash who might be interested ?

Maybe, just maybe, it is AD pulling the strings here. In comparison the other owners don't have a pot to piss in.
It's funded by JP Morgan bank, as per SSN

They’ve still got 3 spare places (12 of the 15).....the German rags can afford to wait and see how this pans out whilst commanding the higher moral ground. Perfectly sensible imo.
Bayern, like all German clubs, are governed by the fan ownership 50+1 rule. They need their fans approval to take such a step. German football fans generally have a bit more backbone than they do here. They've managed to get Monday night football overturned by the power of protest and will stick together as a collective for their principles. Bayern know full well that there is not a cat in hell's chance of getting their members to buy into all of this. They simply won't be able to join even if the hierarchy desperately want them to.

NEVER thought I’d say this...Gary Neville has more balls than my Club MCFC...I’m deeply ashamed to be a City fan, well, no I’m not..but this ISN'T City anymore, and I think we all know that now...gutted.

See Nevilles passioned speech below here.

He's been ripping the arse out of football for money since he first played for the rags, his concern (where was he when Bury needed some local help?) is his bank balance if sky get fucked over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.