The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The funny thing is that the CL is a closed shop as it is.

The fact is us or Liverpool could finish 7th with the new proposals and still get a CL spot due to our coefficient ranking points over the 5 seasons previous.

“Champions” league my arse.

Take Rangers, they have two rounds to negotiate to get into the Champions League for next season. They should be automatic entrants. It’s grossly unfair as it is. Makes me sick.
But it wouldn’t be at the expense of the West Ham, Leicester, Everton or WBA that have finished top 4. It would be in addition to them. Not great and not something I agree with but at least the other clubs don’t suffer.

With the ESL, these other clubs don’t get into the ESL for finishing 2nd-4th. It’s not even confirmed that any potential Prem winners would get in, if they weren’t one of the six.

We are a basically telling these sides that they can either accept an existence of being also-rans, or they can challenge the breakaway, take action and probably cease to exist in a few years. There is nothing remotely super about behaving in this manner.

Never?
Seriously?

literally never. I kind of presumed it was a popular saying from the post but it must be one of those freak occurrences whereby I have somehow avoided it for the 42 years that I’ve been on the planet. Thinks like that do happen I suppose.

I also don’t even believe I’ve heard it and not picked up on it, as I really like it and know plenty of folk it applies to.

Will be shoehorning it into any situation that remotely permits moving forward though.

We will see. No German teams No French Teams.

AC Milan and Spurs? Give me a break.

Nobody wants a closed shop but the Americans that was the big mistake had they formed it on the basis of competition they would have got away with it.

They‘ve fucked it up.
Yup. Doesn't really have any credibility without the German teams.
But if it is a success and once they have got away with it once then what's to stop SuperLeague v2.0?

The one where certain clubs have to give up their automatic rights in order to make room for German, French, Ukranian, Russian teams etc. who might want to buy a place at the table in future.

The funny thing is that the CL is a closed shop as it is.

The fact is us or Liverpool could finish 7th with the new proposals and still get a CL spot due to our coefficient ranking points over the 5 seasons previous.

“Champions” league my arse.

Take Rangers, they have two rounds to negotiate to get into the Champions League for next season. They should be automatic entrants. It’s grossly unfair as it is. Makes me sick.

And to think these owners aren’t happy with the current setup even though it’s heavily skewed in their favour as it is.
Why should Rangers get an automatic entry into the group stages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.