The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The elephant in the room is players salaries. Out of control and unchecked. No one wants to address the obvious problem as to why a super league is necessary for the debt clubs to reclaim lost profits.
And then any of the 12 can go buy Haaland and Mbappe and pay them silly money. That **** riaola will be rolling in even more dough

Could only happen at City.

Real chance of getting to a Champions League Final.

And our own owners go and shoot us in the fucking Head. ffs.

Could be out officially by weekend,

No idea how that will really play out but one thing is for sure...

Every league game from here on out this season against the non-6 sides will result in a similar feeling as the Leeds-Liverpool match today. Every one of those teams will be giving extra effort now to stick it to us. Can’t say I blame them either.

Talk about a black swan event.

League survived fine without the FAI and it will do again, all they've done since they took over was tie us to SSE (who to be fair have been fucking brilliant) there's a gang of us involved with Drogheda (me and 1 other really), Sligo, Limerick, Cork looking to break with the FAI and let the league govern itself again, few people we've spoken to at the Dublin clubs seem half interested, any support would be welcome. They're trying to push this cross border league and I can't help but think it's the wrong time and we'd be better off tying our own knots.
Get what you mean about the timing of a cross border league, but I had this discussion with my son. Football north and south is divided but shouldn’t be in my opinion.
Rugby is all Ireland.
GAA is all Ireland. Hockey too as far as I know.

Derek Dougan and Johnny Giles tried it in the seventies as far as I remember but got nowhere.

It would be nice to think it is possible, but Brexit tensions won’t have helped.

Anyway back on topic.
I hope City still have time to back out of this but it doesn’t look that way at the moment.

I think the coming weeks will shed a little light on details and what is true and what isn’t.

Our fantastic owners will have a plan. Look how they have conducted themselves since the takeover. Have a little faith.
Some very smart and competent people designed and built the Titanic. Established the Ratner’s jewellery empire. Or selected the only human being in America who could lose an election to Donald Trump.
It sometimes only takes one bad decision or someone having an off day to turn your entire world on its head...

I agree it is self serving and it is selfish.

It's been heading this way for two decades, even longer. If this is a surprise to people then they haven't been paying attention.

Fans couldn't stop domestic clubs no longer splitting their gate receipts, we couldn't stop the creation of the Premier League, we couldn't stop the change from the European Cup to the Champions League, nor it's stupid coefficient and seeding system, nor could we stop FFP and we can't stop this.

The football community can go jump, it played it's part in this by happy clapping along with the above, they bought the lies peddled about City and FFP and supported their clubs voting for it.

I said I don't like it, but I could see where it was heading long ago.
Yup from the moment I was forced to listen to fuckin Baker Street by that shit cover band, I new football was on the slide.i just never thought my club would jump in bed with the two rags for the sake of extra cash

Our fantastic owners will have a plan. Look how they have conducted themselves since the takeover. Have a little faith.
That’s what I’m hoping for that all this is to further expose them and then pull the rug from under them and bring this whole thing crashing down ... and then straight away put in a motion to get rid of Liverpool and Rags form the premier league ... that’d pass the same day unanimously by the 18 remaining.

No idea how that will really play out but one thing is for sure...

Every league game from here on out this season against the non-6 sides will result in a similar feeling as the Leeds-Liverpool match today. Every one of those teams will be giving extra effort now to stick it to us. Can’t say I blame them either.

Talk about a black swan event.
Fortunately the rags will be in the same boat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.