The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
What an arrogant self inflated prick.

He honestly thinks there is no interest in football outside of Spain.

I swear we have been railroaded in to this shit by the Spanish connections with Barcelona at our Club.

Out of all 6 Clubs we shouldn't have touched this project with a Mile long shitty stick.

Had we made a stand it would have cemented our status further with neutrals in the UK.

I honestly feel like we have committed corporate suicide.

Not only have we tarnished the brand,we become a Rag clone Club in a Super League where we will be treated like we should be forever grateful.

Wtf was we thinking.
Well, feels like we've been fooled. The mask has slipped.

Get what you mean about the timing of a cross border league, but I had this discussion with my son. Football north and south is divided but shouldn’t be in my opinion.
Rugby is all Ireland.
GAA is all Ireland. Hockey too as far as I know.

Derek Dougan and Johnny Giles tried it in the seventies as far as I remember but got nowhere.

It would be nice to think it is possible, but Brexit tensions won’t have helped.

Anyway back on topic.
I hope City still have time to back out of this but it doesn’t look that way at the moment.

I think the coming weeks will shed a little light on details and what is true and what isn’t.
I'd love a cross border league and have pushed in the past but after the shit with the Setanta and at the moment no, just no. If Drogheda and Dundalk can't be trusted when they play each other it has no hope going cross border.

If City don't back out I'm done with them.

I remember the trump led nfl alternative super league thing that canned in the 90s and this has that kind of blueprint.
It is hard to go against governing bodies like the ICL found, they banned everyone taking part, then said to the players if you quit there will be an amnesty, so they all quit in the end and lasted 2 years. Not the same as it was a short comp and you could play and come back for your normal team, but the BCCI wanted to snuffed out for its IPL to have the sole stage and had ICC backing.

Doing deals with Perez who just slagged us off. Hardly surprise people have reservations to put it midly!
I want to see the details first mate. Also I want to hear from the club as to why they felt the need to join the cabal.Emotional reactions are understandable at this moment in time. Once the details are out and the drama settles we can get a clearer picture. At the moment it seems a pantomime with a lot of unrealistic threats. A compromise will be found. The premier league will be fine. Football has been a corrupt joke for years. City fans know first hand how corrupt.

Only clubs with money, and those with American owners specifically have been invited to this, so it is obvious likes of Ajax, Porto, and others miss out. They aren't taking a stand, they simply aren't considered. German and French clubs have UEFA's backing all the way with their top club officials on UEFA's decision-making board. They have no urge to join ESL, but if it carries on and the plan comes to fruition, they will ultimately join.
Porto were invited, they turned it down and good on them I say.
Our fantastic owners will have a plan. Look how they have conducted themselves since the takeover. Have a little faith.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense could see the shit storm to follow on announcing a super league like that, apart from people who understand nothing of how football works.

I thought I’d seen everything until that. I have no words left.

City WTF is this?

So so sad. I’m out. Literally cannot believe it. Goodnight Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.