The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Man City players are showing their first clear signs of opposition to the European Super League, as the likes of Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy, Raheem Sterling, and Riyad Mahrez retweet a club post highlighting a quote from Pep Guardiola directed towards the ESL
Fans agin it, players agin it, Pep not happy. No brainer.....PULL OUT NOW.

If anything it should be the Americans changing their sports format.

Leave our game alone.

There are a lot of positive aspects about the Ameircan sports format such as the draft and how this evens out the compeition and allows teams to build naturally. Don't be too blinkered, the state of the game here is not totally brilliant.

Not in HD and its 40secs behind live TV, NowTV is pretty crap in comparison to what will be done by Amazon etc but I get your point.

Well nobody knows what the weights of each team are etc so cant speculate on that.
We do know quite a bit.

32.5% divided between the 15 'founder members'.
32.5% divided between all 20 clubs.

That means as a founder member you're getting around 3 times what the 5 seasonal invitees are getting. If there's a total pot of £1bn, the founder clubs will get £48m each and the other five £16.25m each out of that billion.

20% done of PL-type merit basis, presumably based on where you finish. Let's say that's based on some sort of share basis (1 share to the bottom club, 2 to the second bottom, etc). So, based on that £1bn, the bottom team gets just under £1m and the top team £19m.

That's a very simplistic calculation but it means that a founder member winning it could receive at least £67m, and an invitee coming bottom gets about £17m, based on my. hypothetical basis of merit allocation.

We can't add the 15% done on this as-yet-undefined "club commercial awareness" basis, as we can't really work that out but it's certain that clubs like United, Real, Barca & Liverpool will be among the major beneficiaries of that.

Solhekol on ssn
“Now the anger of the 14 clubs, now this is really important, it’s not directed at the six premier league clubs.
These 14 clubs have nothing against Arsenal, Spurs, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea”
Think you forgot someone there you twat.
If it’s that important you’d think he’d at least get it right.
Never liked that smarmy ****.
good, keep our name out of it as much as possible!

That’s a very fair supposition mate, and you’re probably right on the ESL end game.

I guess after years of our club being viciously attacked and undermined at every turn by this exact entity for nothing more than an owner investing in his business, I have a lot less trust in the integrity of UEFA, Gill (who is still part of UEFA, let’s remember) Bayern, Rummenigge, Dortmund, Watzke, PSG and al-Khelaifi than most people on here seem to.

You could just as easily surmise the end game of UEFA as being exactly the same as your version with the ESL given their ‘first steps’ in that direction - and with the shysters involved, I’d imagine you’d be right.
And I completely understand that lack of trust with UEFA, believe me! But at least they -- in theory -- have a broader mandate then 20 (albeit ephemeral and TBD) ESL owners. "In theory", I said :).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.